6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a sling for the surefire class coming up. I'm wanting a sling to help with shooting. So a single is out. I know paulo talked about one after the first class. Which slings help you most for shooting and carrying. I know nothing about any of the tactical slings. This is all new to me. Any help would be great.

· Registered
818 Posts
I'm looking for a sling for the surefire class coming up. I'm wanting a sling to help with shooting. So a single is out. I know paulo talked about one after the first class. Which slings help you most for shooting and carrying. I know nothing about any of the tactical slings. This is all new to me. Any help would be great.
+1, Good post, I too would like to here what others have to say.

· Registered
19 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
The Blue Force Vickers is a really good sling. I used it in a course and it worked great in transitions. Just drop it and go to pistol. No problem. Looking into making a copy of it for my other rifles.

· Registered
1,045 Posts
I will second Blue Force. I have one of their adjustable two point slings and it works well for what I need it to do. I carry on the chest instead of slung on back and the adjustability allows me to cinch it up tight so it doesn't flop around and also it can be cinched to give more tension on the rifle for standing shots.

· Registered
149 Posts
i just bought a specops brand sling think it is the 101 m4 not really used it much or shot any with it yet . feels well built and durable. like i said just got it a couple of days but it feels pretty good and i like it so far. plus it was only 20 bucks at a local gun show.Sure there is better but hope this helps

· Registered
3,086 Posts
The Vikings V-TAC is the only 2-point sling that can also be used as a shooting aid and still be able to transition to the weakside. The VCAS is an excellent combat 2-point sling, but it does not aid in shooting.

· Registered
372 Posts
What about the magpul sling that can convert from a 1 point for tac use then to a 2 point for carry use? Im looking to go that route.

And Jason did you happen to get them in your store?

· Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What about the magpul sling that can convert from a 1 point for tac use then to a 2 point for carry use? Im looking to go that route.

And Jason did you happen to get them in your store?
I'm not going to be adding alot of products in the near future. When products start to roll in steadily I will stock more products and have some specialized products.

I like the way the magpul sling looks. I'm looking for a sling for behind the back muzzle down carry and to brace with when shooting. That's how I would use it at the farm. I'm thinking the padded V-tac.

· Registered
272 Posts
I've briefly used the Magpul sling and so far am not terribly impressed. The webbing is thin and bites into the neck and the hardware is suspect IMHO. I get the whole argument that your rifle should always be in your hands and not hung on the sling and all that jazz, but that's not a reality for me and my purposes. I suspect that's true for most here. While the design may function well for it's intended audience, I don't think that 99% of the buyers are really the intended audience.

I'll continue to fiddle with it, and may even run it in a class next month to give the sling it's fair shake, but right now I'm not optimistic.

8,980 Posts
+1 fpr the VTAC sling. It even fits around my big ass. And I can raise and shoot quickly.

· Registered
7,772 Posts
does the Vtac come with the QD mounts? On the sling not the mounts for the rifle

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.