6.8 SPC Forums banner

Interested in buying SIX8 Receiver Sets?

• One set

Votes: 45 83.3%
  • Multiple Sets

Votes: 9 16.7%
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just testing the waters here. Considering doing another 6.8 Forum group buy for receiver sets. I just want to get a count on those that would be interested.

Prices would be about the same as last time....Just under $600 for the receiver set outfitted with our ambi controls and take down pins. Extra uppers, 6.8 bolts and mags could also be made available.

Please only respond if you are interested and let me know if you would want more than one set. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
I am gonna vote yes, but since I got in on the first group buy I am more looking for an extra upper only.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm interested but only if the metal mags will be a avalible also.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am in for 1 upper/lower. Possibly 2.
Would also be needing mags, 2 for the bench and I'm sure a few 30s to start with.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Though I am not in the market at this time if you are the LWRC set is of the highest quality on the market.
It allows you to use p-mags, possibly a steel mag which by itself will be great if done right.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
I'd like to have another one.

Really like my SBR

Sent from a final firing position, the crosshairs are on you!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not trying to infiltrate the thread, but as a new 6.8 builder/user I have definitely become a devout fan! And, have been considering a new receiver set for the near future for another 6.8 build. Of course, it would contain an ARP barrel and bolt.

Having just completed my build using the Mega Billet receiver set, I'm thinking by the pics in OP that this LWRCI is a forged receiver set vs billet, that includes the controls and pins. And it's supposedly optimized for the 6.8 via the Pmag that allows dedicated mags that can be loaded to 2.32".

Now there's availability of the RZE Unimag that will fit my standard receiver set and allow 2.31" OALs.

Trying to understand why, for approximately the same money, the LWRCI would be preferred over a Mega, BAD, etc. billet setup with the RZE mags.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Not trying to infiltrate the thread, but as a new 6.8 builder/user I have definitely become a devout fan! And, have been considering a new receiver set for the near future for another 6.8 build. Of course, it would contain an ARP barrel and bolt.

Having just completed my build using the Mega Billet receiver set, I'm thinking by the pics in OP that this LWRCI is a forged receiver set vs billet, that includes the controls and pins. And it's supposedly optimized for the 6.8 via the Pmag that allows dedicated mags that can be loaded to 2.32".

Now there's availability of the RZE Unimag that will fit my standard receiver set and allow 2.31" OALs.

Trying to understand why, for approximately the same money, the LWRCI would be preferred over a Mega, BAD, etc. billet setup with the RZE mags.

Thanks!
Because the LWRCI receivers with a metal mag will allow longer than 2.31-2.32". The goal at hand is 2.36-2.40" for optimum performance.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I am looking to buy two stripped lowers or would buy a LWCR with half or all,the stuff ready to go except trigger group. I have looked at some many different ones my head is spinning. So what do we have to do?

the other big deal is what mags. Do not want to have to use proprietary mags!
the other big deal is will they mate to a mil spec upper?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'd be interested in a set and possibly extra uppers. Any idea what extra uppers will run? How many do you need for a minimum group buy order? Robo i don't believe they mate with standard uppers, the mag well is wider and longer requiring specific upper and mag. Mags are fairly simply moded to seat to about 2.37 I believe there's a metal mag in the works that allows slightly over 2.4. The extra width of mag makes better stacking and feeding of 6.8 and other s with wider cases than 223

·
Registered
121 Posts
Because the LWRCI receivers with a metal mag will allow longer than 2.31-2.32". The goal at hand is 2.36-2.40" for optimum performance.
I understand....and we're hoping a company will build/offer the metal mags for longer OAL in the near future?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
OP...You might want to adjust your poll to include:

Single lower with multiple uppers
Multiple lowers with additional multiple uppers per lower.

I think many of us would chose to build multiple uppers for each lower.

Kerry

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure how to change a poll once it's up. How about you just note if you are interested in extra uppers in a post. We can track it that way.

OP...You might want to adjust your poll to include:

Single lower with multiple uppers
Multiple lowers with additional multiple uppers per lower.

I think many of us would chose to build multiple uppers for each lower.

Kerry

1 - 20 of 97 Posts