6.8 SPC Forums banner
341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wanted to get anyone's opinion on this.

I have 500 107 grain SMKs which I wanted to put in my Six5. I know that this was not recommended due to the length that it would need to be loaded.

However, I can load out to 2.36 with the modified PRI mags so I am thinking of trying it to see if there is any luck. I Have H322 and R10X at my disposal.

Anyone have any ideas on what load length I should try?

Eric

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wanted to get anyone's opinion on this.

I have 500 107 grain SMKs which I wanted to put in my Six5. I know that this was not recommended due to the length that it would need to be loaded.

However, I can load out to 2.36 with the modified PRI mags so I am thinking of trying it to see if there is any luck. I Have H322 and R10X at my disposal.

Anyone have any ideas on what load length I should try?

Eric
2.36 wont be enough if memory serves me I was 2.4 or more single feeding them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I figured I’d let you guys know there is someone still messing around with this round. I picked up an unfired barrel from a member here and just built it last month. I had some trouble forming cases but facing off my shell holder fixed that issue (Wilson die). Im having some cycling issues and I’m going to put a standard gas block on to eliminate the adjustable one giving me problems.

I need another scope to put on it because my only spare (an old cheap osprey) took a dump. Accuracy is promising as you guys have seen yourselves.

My first wildcat and I’m enjoying the process so far.

I built these the same day. The top is the six5, the bottom is a .223 wylde (arp barrel) roughly based on a m-16 a2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I figured I’d let you guys know there is someone still messing around with this round. I picked up an unfired barrel from a member here and just built it last month. I had some trouble forming cases but facing off my shell holder fixed that issue (Wilson die). Im having some cycling issues and I’m going to put a standard gas block on to eliminate the adjustable one giving me problems.

I need another scope to put on it because my only spare (an old cheap osprey) took a dump. Accuracy is promising as you guys have seen yourselves.

My first wildcat and I’m enjoying the process so far.

I built these the same day. The top is the six5, the bottom is a .223 wylde (arp barrel) roughly based on a m-16 a2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
I just picked up a six5 barrel a few months ago and finally got the rifle put together. I'm have a few test rounds loaded up , im hoping I can get out and shoot it this weekend

·
Registered
94 Posts
I still have a few barrels for myself, that 100gr TTSX load with 10X is very accurate, the same charge of 10x works with most of the 100gr bullets.
The problem these days is finding the 100gr ttsx anywhere. I have a couple boxes but I proved out a program today to try to make my own projectiles. I need to order some copper rod now. Just ran it out of aluminum to see if it worked as far as the turning process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Got to the range today. Did a quick latter with 8208xbr and the barnes 120 grain match burner. Worked up go 28 grains. Primers look good but I have some swipes. Gun is definitely over gassed, brass was throwing at 2 o'clock. I'll adjust the gas block on my next range trip and see if the swipes go away. 3 shot group with 28 grains was just under an inch.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
The problem these days is finding the 100gr ttsx anywhere. I have a couple boxes but I proved out a program today to try to make my own projectiles. I need to order some copper rod now. Just ran it out of aluminum to see if it worked as far as the turning process.

I wish I could make my own projectiles. Are you using a cnc machine?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wish I could make my own projectiles. Are you using a cnc machine?
Yes I had a long run time on another machine Friday so I ran it on one of our small machines (Mazak qtn250). I ordered a few feet of copper rod on eBay so I can make some projectiles to test.

I have no idea about bullet design or anything but figured it was something fun to try.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes I had a long run time on another machine Friday so I ran it on one of our small machines (Mazak qtn250). I ordered a few feet of copper rod on eBay so I can make some projectiles to test.

I have no idea about bullet design or anything but figured it was something fun to try.

I don't know anything about cnc machine or making bullets so it's awesome

I don't know much about cnc machines or making bullets buts it's awesome that your trying. I grew up doing tree work and running heavy equipment but guns and ballistics are my main hobby. Good luck on your endeavors.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't know much about cnc machines or making bullets buts it's awesome that your trying. I grew up doing tree work and running heavy equipment but guns and ballistics are my main hobby. Good luck on your endeavors.
Thanks, I have almost 20 years of cnc machining under my belt. Mostly oilfield tools Manufacturing. I’ve designed built tons of different parts but bullets have never been one of them. The ogive of the bullets always intrigued me, and I found an article on line last week that made sense so I got on auto cad and drew up a design.

On a side note,
I did get to machine a cannon a couple years ago. The customer supplied the bronze material and the blueprints.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks, I have almost 20 years of cnc machining under my belt. Mostly oilfield tools Manufacturing. I’ve designed built tons of different parts but bullets have never been one of them. The ogive of the bullets always intrigued me, and I found an article on line last week that made sense so I got on auto cad and drew up a design.

On a side note,
I did get to machine a cannon a couple years ago. The customer supplied the bronze material and the blueprints.

Thats f*ing awesome man.

·
Registered
94 Posts
[mention]constructor [/mention]
Thank you very much! That looks like a really cool program. Going off of memory for dimensions, it looks promising. I’ll get all my dimensions tomorrow and run it through.

341 - 358 of 358 Posts