6.8 SPC Forums banner

321 - 340 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
ok. I"ll bump shoulders to 1.375 and use two different bushings. Should be hitting the range after work Thursday. I'll post my results when I get back.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Only .002-.003” shoulder setback from fired with this cat per H’s recommendations.
Set the shoulder back like you suggested. Seems to chamber fine. Used two bushings (.287 and .284") and seated deeper. I'll worry about seating depth once I get this to cycle correctly and get a ladder or two done. One thing I did notice though is when put a round in the mag and let the bold close as usual, the bullet still got pushed deeper into the case by about .04-5". I'll seat some deeper next time and see what it does. BUT, I was able to extract all rounds without the bullet getting stuck in the chamber, so looks like there is some progress.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Took a while but finally made it to the range. Everything worked out perfectly. Loaded up with the shoulder bumped back like
tbready;[/QUOTE said:
said with 26gr 10x. Cycled like it should and no jammed bullets with the 0.287" bushings. Actually grouped pretty well. Might make it out to the range this weekend and find the charge I need and for pressure. I can def see this being sub .75. Hopefully it'll be ready for coyotes in a few months.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #325 (Edited)
Took a while but finally made it to the range. Everything worked out perfectly. Loaded up with the shoulder bumped back like said with 26gr 10x. Cycled like it should and no jammed bullets with the 0.287" bushings. Actually grouped pretty well. Might make it out to the range this weekend and find the charge I need and for pressure. I can def see this being sub .75. Hopefully it'll be ready for coyotes in a few months.
After I found that 28gr 10x and 100gr TTSX load I stopped looking for anything better. That charge worked very well for all bullets 95-100gr. 1/2"(.5moa) at 100 is easy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Made it to the range and was loading light (about 26-27gr 10x with the 85gr Sierra Varmint) since there was a lot of pressure last time. Good new is, no pressure up to about 28ish when pressure testing. Bad news is it wasn't cycling correctly...again. I may just ditch the adjustable gas block to eliminate that as an option. When I replace that, I'll make sure the tube is clear to eliminate that as well.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
IF anyone is interested the SIX5 barrels are on clearance at $125 plus shipping, no coupons.
The offer will last until the end of Oct. If you want a spare grab one now, at the end of Oct they are gone for good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
IF anyone is interested the SIX5 barrels are on clearance at $125 plus shipping, no coupons.
The offer will last until the end of Oct. If you want a spare grab one now, at the end of Oct they are gone for good.
Are they all gone? I couldnt find them on your page.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Some of the powders like CFE, lever and 2520 are too slow for the 100gr bullets IMO. 100gr bullets will see the best results when using typical 6.8 powders like H335, H322, 10x, 2200, Xterm- 30.5gr Xterm only created 53500psi but 2750fps That is one I want to go back and test more ...high vel at a lower pressure.
I'm getting ready to start reloading , as i have 50 cases prepped, and would like your follow up on the Xterm loads if you'll share. While I have 10x and will load it also I really like the idea of an equal vel. but lower pressure load. Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
If/when the metal mags that allow 2.39 COAL for the LWRC Six8-sized platforms become available do you think you revisit the Six5 and perhaps bring it back?

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
If/when the metal mags that allow 2.39 COAL for the LWRC Six8-sized platforms become available do you think you revisit the Six5 and perhaps bring it back?
I am not making anymore barrels for sure. I think I have 5 I put away for myself but that's it. All of the barrels that sat on the shelves more than a year were thrown away.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am not making anymore barrels for sure. I think I have 5 I put away for myself but that's it. All of the barrels that sat on the shelves more than a year were thrown away.
If you ever decide to let go of one please let me know ... I'll take it.

After rethinking I'm going to pass and go in a different direction, thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone still shooting a Six5?
I've been debating on selling mine, I rarely ever shoot it anymore. It just takes up space in the safe.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It shoot's pretty decent. I mainly shoot 100 gr Amax & InterLock bullet's out of mine, always suppressed.
I generally use it for feral hog & coyote hunting with my night vision on it.

·
Registered
14,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
Anyone still shooting a Six5?
I've been debating on selling mine, I rarely ever shoot it anymore. It just takes up space in the safe.
I sold 5 in Jan so some are still shooting them. My best load was still the 100gr TTSX and RE10x but I want to get back to it and try the 100 Lapua with some of the new powders.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm still shooting mine. It gets rotated between me and my son. I use 85gr and 90gr for yotes and practice then barnes ttsx and nosler ballistic tip for deer. I'd have to double check but with 85 and 90 grainers I think I was using h322 and rl10x for 100gr.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Been using the 85gr Sierra HP over rl10x, Tac or H335. I was never able to get close to data in first post. Most of my max loads are 2-3 grains lower than what's posted. (with 85-100gr and 4 different powders.

321 - 340 of 340 Posts