6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get in the queue before the Obanation rule takes effect. A local shop has Sig 30 cal on the shelf. I want one that will work for 5.56 - .308. Any thoughts on this can? No Form 3 involved, can buy tomorrow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
TLM did a review on their 30 cal titanium qd can--- he liked it alot--- I'm waiting on their SS -dt can but I'm pretty sure I won't get one before the new laws---so I went a different route

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've heard good things about their cans. I just can't get over the asthetics of their cans. I know it's a minor thing, but for the investment I want it to please me 100%

·
Registered
399 Posts
Only thing that I don't like about them is that they have refused to reveal minimum barrel lengths. I also have not seen the weight of the brakes used for the QD versions.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only thing that I don't like about them is that they have refused to reveal minimum barrel lengths. I also have not seen the weight of the brakes used for the QD versions.
http://sigsilencers.com/products/rifles/srd762ti-qd/

The whole thing weighs less than a pound. The break/QD device is certainly no heavier than a standard break. I'll let you know for sure in 4-6 months :a36:

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
30 cal cans of that length do, in general, work nicely with 5.56 through 30 cal. Titanium may be limiting to applications that do not cause the can to get very hot. Usually means rapidity of fire and barrel length.

I have a titanium 30 cal can (an SAS Ti Arbiter) that I use for longer barrels and relatively slow fire. I use the Silencerco Saker which has stellite baffles for short barrels (10-12.5") and high rates.

Both sound good with 5.56, 6.8, 300 BLK, and 308 Win.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
30 cal cans of that length do, in general, work nicely with 5.56 through 30 cal. Titanium may be limiting to applications that do not cause the can to get very hot. Usually means rapidity of fire and barrel length.

I have a titanium 30 cal can (an SAS Ti Arbiter) that I use for longer barrels and relatively slow fire. I use the Silencerco Saker which has stellite baffles for short barrels (10-12.5") and high rates.

Both sound good with 5.56, 6.8, 300 BLK, and 308 Win.
Thanks for the advice :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have heard one of them and it sounded good

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts