6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is now official , Mo conservation department just decided to change the definition of a pistol . At least for hunting purposes . 26" maximum length and barrel less than 16" . So in order to use a 12.5 " I will have to go with a short tube and spring . Has anyone used one on a 6.8 and if so what are your thoughts .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I use the Troy shorty on my 7.5" SBR. The BCG has the buffer built in. With the AGB, it is 100% reliable. Without the suppressor, it measures 19.5" with the stock collapsed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know we talked about barrel length quite a bit when I was looking at doing my pistol/SBR. I ended up grabbing a Bison 11.5" barrel that's shooting 0.80" @ 100 yards suppressed with the S&B 110 PTS (it actually groups tighter than my 20"). Just wanted to throw that out there for you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm in MO but don't hunt anymore, so don't keep up on the regs.
So, are there pistol only hunts that you need to qualify for? If not, can't you still use your currently configured pistol as a MO non-pistol?

·
Registered
25 Posts
So, are there pistol only hunts that you need to qualify for? If not, can't you still use your currently configured pistol as a MO non-pistol?
There's an "alternative season" that allows pistols but not rifles. His AR used to meet the qualifications, but under the new regs does not.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was changed because people kept complaining about people using AR pistols in alternative season and they didn't think they should be considered pistols . The idiots misunderstood or misrepresented the ATF definition of pistol . Now that they say anything over 26" is a pistol i am at risk of running into a warden who follows their ruling and not the law . According to them a 12.5" barrel with normal length tube is not a pistol . I'm sure I would get my gun back and charges dropped but not my bail money nor lawyer fees .

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
betcha more informed members, than I, will offer a few alternatives. which I look forward to as the recent pencil barrel and slim hand guard I assembled has sparked an ember, an inkling of a pistol craving.
I am not sure I am strong nuff to resist successfully. ;)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
ozarkpugs
I know , I am looking for advice about them from people who have used them.

Maybe a new topic would be a good idea: what recommendations for an AR pistol

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ozarkpugs

I'm not wanting recommendations for a pistol buffer tube I'm looking for recommendations or rejections from people who have actual experience with the shorty buffer , spring and buffer kit . My current tube and brace works good but I have to take 1 1/2 off the length to legally hunt with it .

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ozarkpugs

I'm not wanting recommendations for a pistol buffer tube I'm looking for recommendations or rejections from people who have actual experience with the shorty buffer , spring and buffer kit . My current tube and brace works good but I have to take 1 1/2 off the length to legally hunt with it .

·
Registered
559 Posts
Have the Battle Arms Development SABERTUBE® Pistol TailHook Combo with Vert shorty buffer that uses dual springs on a 6.8 with 8.5" Bison fast twist barrel and one on a 10.5" November barrel both running Superlative Arms piston drive kits. They are both 100% reliable and really like the Tailhook brace. It extends exactly 6 5/8" from tail of reciever. Recently dropped a binary trigger in the 10.5" and the little buffer is still holding together.

·
Registered
13,757 Posts

Are you looking for advice from people that have used them? LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts