6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a story to share? Up until now my vision was correctable with periodic lens changes.
Now?, well now that doesn't work anymore. Cataracts, they say, are the problem.

I hate to think that it's time to "hang up my guns" but what say you?

Thanks
Pake

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Cataract surgery is quick and can yield near 20/20 vision and is covered by most insurance. In and out same day. Short recovery time.

·
Super Moderator
22,170 Posts
My dad had amazing results after his cataract surgery. We were also glad when he admitted to his need of hearing aids. LOL Wish he was still around.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I had my right eye lens replaced last year and made my right eye a distance vision eye to match my left. I could not see sh!t with my fast growing cataracts. the surgery took all of 12 minutes to perform. My vision is awesome on the range and in the field. A must do if you can get it done. took a few weeks to get fully recovered but no regrets

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You so much for your replies.
I'm looking forward to getting out of the fog.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wore glasses for years and when I had to get cataract surgery I elected to get the distance lens in both eyes. I did this so I could hunt and fish without glasses. I do love it especially being able to hunt and shoot without glasses. Only drawback is I have low power reading glasses everywhere. Would I do the same again you bet. I have heard some folks go with distance in one eye and near in the other. Not for me. I also heard they now have some lens that do both near and far but I also heard they are very expensive and are not covered by most insurance companies around here. Just follow the doctors instructions after the surgery. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I wore glasses for years and when I had to get cataract surgery I elected to get the distance lens in both eyes. I did this so I could hunt and fish without glasses. I do love it especially being able to hunt and shoot without glasses. Only drawback is I have low power reading glasses everywhere. Would I do the same again you bet. I have heard some folks go with distance in one eye and near in the other. Not for me. I also heard they now have some lens that do both near and far but I also heard they are very expensive and are not covered by most insurance companies around here. Just follow the doctors instructions after the surgery. Good luck.
Ditto this.

I need glasses for about 2.5 feet and in and I don't mind that.

I could not be happier with how it turned out for me. Had both eyes done almost exactly a year ago.

Silver

·
Registered
824 Posts
Old thread I know but it has almost all I was seeking. Bump it up.

I go under the knife in two weeks. I have been fitted for contact lenses. I noticed in my right eye it was still blurry but better then the glasses.
I will be wearing a contact in my left eye and if need be I can remove it to see tiny things I like to do. Provided cheaters are insufficient.
Really looking forward to some range time with good vision. Should be able to cut down my score.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I found out last week I have cataract in both eyes. I’m going to make the appointment next week for my surgery work up.

The recovery time is going to be one of my 1st questions. I also may spring for the fancy lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I had both eyes done, I opted for distant lenses which requires readers. Surgery was a piece of cake, just make sure you follow post-op instructions giving your eyes sufficient time to heal. Your vision may or may not require some correction after surgery with glasses but one of the biggest benefits for me was all but eliminating night time glare. Even though not necessary, I still wear progressive lenses because of the eye protection afforded to me. My wife also had her's done, her vision had gotten really bad from cataracts to the point she could no longer drive.....now a whole new world for her. There is some risk involved, but small from what I've read. Probably why they just do one eye at a time. good luck

·
Registered
824 Posts
My poor brain. The brain, I am told, makes adjustments to your vision differences. Today the right eye is unable to focus on much of anything which is not within a few inches away, with or without glasses. The Left eye is doing all the work so, after my surgery the poor brain is going to have a big adjustment with the right eye seeing like it hasn't in a long time without any glasses. The left eye will need corrective lens. I cant sleep with the lens in and taking it out at night will have it's complications. But....
I am really looking forward to going to the range with my Golden Boy using the iron sites.. Then the shotgun range...

Go brain Go

·
Registered
87 Posts
I need 1.25 reading glasses depending on print size and lighting. When I'm programming out on the plant floor I need safety glasses. (The "bifocal" lower magnifier safety glasses were NOT an option for computer screens. They give me headaches!)

To get good 1.25 safety reading glasses paid for, I had to go to an eye doctor.

Me: I'm here because I need 1.25 safety glasses.
EYE DOC: I'LL be the judge of what you need!
.........2.5 hrs pass of various eye tests........
EYE DOC:. I tried to throw you correction 7 ways from Sunday but you don't need it. You need 1.25 safety glasses.

Your mileage may vary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts