6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Interesting. I've seen the others, but they cost a hell of a lot. I wonder if this requires you to use Caldwell specific targets or anything for it to do calculations. This may eventually make it on my to buy list if it works.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i done it, couldnt pass up the club member double discount from Sportsmans Guide and bought one today, just one thing left to buy for my long range reloading project with the 6.5 RPR and that is the labradar chrono. hopefully in a week or two or maybe wait for another sale to pick that one up.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Just don't shoot it 😃

·
Administrator
22,080 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just don't shoot it ?
LOL, Yeah i thought about that.

But, but, but... a slo-mo ricochet caught on video would be cool... seeing the bullet coming right at'chaz. :a31:
Cool for you guys maybe, lol. I plan on using it way ahead of any back stop and the camera will be back far enough that there shouldnt be any problem with any You Tube Premiers. :a21:

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Is it water resistant? What happens when it's 600 yards down range and a summer shower opens up on ya...do you end up making a sprint down range to save it from the rain and hail?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it water resistant? What happens when it's 600 yards down range and a summer shower opens up on ya...do you end up making a sprint down range to save it from the rain and hail?
You'll need to purchase the optional Caldwell umbrella atachment, lol.

Just kidding, yes it's waterproof and it's also infrared for night shooting.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Just kidding, yes it's waterproof and it's also infrared for night shooting.
Wow, you mean somebody actually thought things through when designing a product!!! I've seen youtube video on it and seen it for sale before but never really looked at it in depth...give us a nice review once you get it up and running

·
Registered
899 Posts
I wonder how far the thermal would work. So realistically you could find a way to mount the camera on your rifle and matching it up for point of impact and using the thermal you could just aim with your phone?

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
I wonder how far the thermal would work. So realistically you could find a way to mount the camera on your rifle and matching it up for point of impact and using the thermal you could just aim with your phone?
not thermal...IR/NV

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, you mean somebody actually thought things through when designing a product!!! I've seen youtube video on it and seen it for sale before but never really looked at it in depth...give us a nice review once you get it up and running
Will do, and since it connects to the iPad or my phone I'll be able to record my shots and post the video, I'll take it out one evening and do day and night videos to post. Maybe I'll be able to do a review on it and the atn x-sight II all in the same outing, I could do a split screen day and IR video because the scope has a record feature when you shoot, it will record however many seconds you set it before the shot and records till you stop it after the shot. The only downside is that SG won't have it in stock until the 15th of next month, could've bought it elsewhere but with the double member point savings the scope is costing me $580 instead of the normal $699 non sale price.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A buddy and I just set one of our phones up downrange then one calls the other via facetime and watch hits. It's not elegant, but works & so far we've been lucky and not had to explain a destroyed phone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts