6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have a new Bulls Bag shooting bag and I'm wondering what everyone uses as filler for their bags??? Thanks Jerry.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Filler

I have used sand where I need volume and weight. However I use Caldwell shooting rests and I put lead shot bags on those for weight. I think a good masonry sand will be best if you want volume and weight. Hope this helps.

·
Administrator
22,084 Posts
I've used BB's for some of mine. A little more forgiving if the stitching isn't tight/secure enough to hold sand... and pretty clean to deal with too.

·
Super Moderator
12,228 Posts
I use cat litter. The cheapest generic brand you can find works great.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The plastic airsoft BBs work great, but I use popcorn kernels. And, I don't leave them in the rain. But when I do, I spend the $.80 and replace the popcorn.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
I have heard of using aquarium gravel and that sounded pretty good. I have not used it personally. My bag came prefilled with a plastic bb fill and I like it.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I use cat litter. The cheapest generic brand you can find works great.
+1 Woodstock. Over the years duck tape has fixed a few issues. Still have 4 or 5 lead shot bags I use when I need to get things perfect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ain't nothing wrong with buying a large bag of rice at the store. Fill the shooting bags and throw the rest on your pantry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts