6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prior to January 1, 2021 we could ship loaded ammo (not primers or powder) thru UPS. This required an ORM-D label and was not considered Hazmat. There was not any additional charge. My understanding is this has ended. Does anyone know if there is a way to ship ammo from one induvial to another?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts

I see no indications on-line that shipping ammo has changed. Not all UPS stores can ship ammo, only specific locations which may be some distance from your location.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shipping Ammunition: UPS - United States

1) Now considered Hazmat?

"Ammunition will be transported only when packaged and labeled in compliance with 49 C.F.R. § 172 (Hazardous Materials), and must be shipped in accordance with the UPS Guide for Shipping Ground and Air Hazardous Materials."

2) New label in lieu of ORM-D

"Yes, qualified packages that meet the definition of Cartridges, small arms must be marked with the Limited Quantity black and white marking when shipped by UPS Ground within the 48 contiguous states, UPS Ground Intra-Oahu and Intra-Alaska. Shipping papers are not required."

Sounds like it is now considered Hazmat, but only requires this new label. No additional shipping charges. Is that how you interpret the new regulations?

·
Super Moderator
12,279 Posts
Nothing has changed except the label and the designation. It is still not hazardous materials as long as it is shipped by ground transportation and there are no additional fees. The rules change when you start talking about air freight and rail.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You can ship it from a UPS Distribution Center. You need to find yours. Only special labeling is as mentioned above the ORM-D identification label. You can box it up, weigh it and purchase a shipping label online, then go to your local distribution center and drop it off.

Regular local offices won't take ammo, so that's the inconvenience but it is not difficult.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everything is fine. Even if their companies and labels have changed there, it does not change anything. A couple of months ago, my cousin sent ammunition and parts from weapons. Everything was fine, even no additional payment was required. True, he is from Texas, and everything is much easier with weapons there, but still, I think that this is allowed in most states. My cousin was always sensitive to this, always watched every step. He always had to keep an eye on his product. Therefore, he always requests the code and keeps track of what he sent. I got a little distracted. I hope I answered your question, don't worry, you can do everything as before.
____

UK Mail Tracking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts