6.8 SPC Forums banner

Vote if you would buy one of these when they come out.

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for Ranier Arms so they can monitor it to guage the interest in these barrels to see if there's enough interest in making them again.

Okay here's the deal, way back whenever, Ranier Arms came out with a rifling that they called ratchet rifling "modified ratchet rifling" that was used on the 6.8 Shilen barrels they were selling, they had exclusive rights on this for a period of time, after that time was up Shilen was able to make other calibers/barrels using this new design, which you will see on their web site showing some calibers with the ratchet rifling. The 6.8 is not listed on Shilens web site as an available caliber. If you Google ratchet rifling you will see many people talk about the great accuracy and slightly more FPS, some around 100 more over conventional rifling, I use to own one of these and I know this to be true. HogFarmer now owns it and you can talk to him about it if you want.

I have been in contact with Ranier Arms and if they get enough support, AKA people wanting one of these barrels they will make them again. it won't be next week or next month and if we don't get enough interest they won't be made at all, all I can say is don't pass up this opportunity.

I'm making a poll to see who would be willing to purchase one or more of these barrels. Help spread the word to other forums and let's get these back in stock. Thanks for your time.

Here is a picture of the ratchet rifling on the right.

Ratchet.png

Please vote in the above poll if your interested in these barrels.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
This thread is for Ranier Arms so they can monitor it to guage the interest in these barrels to see if there's enough interest in making them again.

Okay here's the deal, way back whenever, Ranier Arms came out with a rifling that they called ratchet rifling "modified ratchet rifling" that was used on the 6.8 Shilen barrels they were selling, they had exclusive rights on this for a period of time, after that time was up Shilen was able to make other calibers/barrels using this new design, which you will see on their web site showing some calibers with the ratchet rifling. The 6.8 is not listed on Shilens web site as an available caliber. If you Google ratchet rifling you will see many people talk about the great accuracy and slightly more FPS, some around 100 more over conventional rifling, I use to own one of these and I know this to be true. HogFarmer now owns it and you can talk to him about it if you want.

I have been in contact with Ranier Arms and if they get enough support, AKA people wanting one of these barrels they will make them again. it won't be next week or next month and if we don't get enough interest they won't be made at all, all I can say is don't pass up this opportunity.

I'm making a poll to see who would be willing to purchase one or more of these barrels. Help spread the word to other forums and let's get these back in stock. Thanks for your time.

Here is a picture of the ratchet rifling on the right.

View attachment 13677

Please vote in the above poll if your interested in these barrels.
Hillbilly just for clarification are these the same as the four groove 1-11" that Bison sells or is it in fact a different rifling?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hillbilly just for clarification are these the same as the four groove 1-11" that Bison sells or is it in fact a different rifling?
I have no idea what Bison is using, when Ranier first came out with their Ultra Match 6.8 barrels "Late 2010 or early 2011" they had exclusive rights to the Shilen ratchet rifling for the 6.8 and i believe it was just for a certain length of time so its possible Ben at Bison is buying these same barrels, one would have to ask him i guess. i do know the ultra match barrels had slightly better/tighter tolerances than the match barrels when its comes to the rifling, Ben is advertising his as match barrels so maybe these are not the same barrels. And of course one would have to ask him on the rifling he has on his barrels, the old Ranier barrels were 4 groove 1/11 but the difference at that time was the ratchet rifling. times change though. All i know is what Ranier had and trying to get them back in stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts