6.8 SPC Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Jennings? I'm from South LA and worked in Lake Charles for 5 years. Most family lives in Morgan City area so we travel that way often.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
You got it in one. I was driving around the other day and man Welsh got hit way harder than we did and we are only 10 miles from the there. It was just plain crazy.

·
Registered
819 Posts
My son flies pipeline patrol over that area over to Port Arthur and he said it was terrible. He doesn't even get to Iowa or Lake Charles. We haven't been through the area at all since the storm. We are only 20 miles west of the Sabine and we had nothing except loss of utilities for a couple days. My guess was based on your comment about WalMart. That's the only one around until you get to Crowley. lol

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Yup and it is making it hard because Crowley, Jennings, and Eunice are getting hit hard with evacuees from LC and it is hard to keep items in stock. It took us about a week to get power back and then when we finally did my transfer box was not clicking back to mains power so I had to open it up and give it a whack to get it back to mains so I could run the central units. Man that was just pure pleasure getting cold air out of the vents.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yup and it is making it hard because Crowley, Jennings, and Eunice are getting hit hard with evacuees from LC and it is hard to keep items in stock. It took us about a week to get power back and then when we finally did my transfer box was not clicking back to mains power so I had to open it up and give it a whack to get it back to mains so I could run the central units. Man that was just pure pleasure getting cold air out of the vents.
Amazing how wonderful the first few puffs of cold air blowing in your face feels....especially after 4+ days no a/c. 🥳 Makes a person wanna go, OH YEAH...finally

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been over 2 weeks and still no power for most of Sulphur, Lake Charles, Moss Bluff, and Carlyss. Calcasieu parish still has over 70,000 people without power. Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Im hoping we get power back next week, but most likely it’ll be the week after next.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
My bro in law in Lake Charles had a power crew from AL come through. Multi-truck crew was getting a pole up every 20-30 minutes. Real cool to watch he said. No juice running through the lines yet though.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Been over 2 weeks and still no power for most of Sulphur, Lake Charles, Moss Bluff, and Carlyss. Calcasieu parish still has over 70,000 people without power. Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Im hoping we get power back next week, but most likely it’ll be the week after next.
Man I feel for you guys over there. If you need anything let me know.

So probably 4 new storms ramping up in the Atlantic and Gulf. This year cannot end soon enough for me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Just got to Ft Polk today, they have full power around here now.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It's amazing how time slows when the a/c is dead.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Man I feel for you guys over there. If you need anything let me know.

So probably 4 new storms ramping up in the Atlantic and Gulf. This year cannot end soon enough for me.
Looks like 7 now. Some will head north for sure.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Well crap looks like Sally is headed for Nawlins and TD20 is going to head north thank god I was worried about that one because if it had waited to organize it would have headed into the Gulf. This year is the shit show that keeps on giving.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well crap looks like Sally is headed for Nawlins and TD20 is going to head north thank god I was worried about that one because if it had waited to organize it would have headed into the Gulf. This year is the shit show that keeps on giving.
It's projected to male landfall as either a CAT I or II early tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Yup saw that hopefully, it stays low so it won't hit so hard. I think they are mostly worried about rain as thing is dumping a ton of rain so far.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Man.......you folks in that area are sure getting worked over. Don't think I ever seen this many hit one area in one season.
Stay Safe......

·
Registered
4 Posts
We got power back Monday night. Still most of Lake Charles is without power. I really feel for them. We went 18 or 19 days without it. Just glad my generator kept up. Ran a window unit in one room, and it was cool enough to sleep.
One question I have... The room with all my reloading supplies was not damaged, but not climate controlled either during the power outage. Should I worry about my primers getting moisture in them? All my powder is in the original packaging, so it should be fine, right?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I would imagine that you would be fine because I don't think it is shipped in climate-controlled trucks so it shouldn't hurt if it is sealed.

Glad to hear you got power back finally. I could barely do the 8 days I can't imagine 18 days+ without it. So spoiled with central AC nowadays.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Have primers that have been in storage for years. Hot, cold, wet n dry.........no negative effect.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts