6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a wild week. First Hurricane Marco now even bigger Hurricane Laura in almost the same area.
150 mph winds, huge tidal surge....gonna be rough on those folks. History in the making.
Prays for those folks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Was just thinking the same thing . Prayers going out, you guys in the storms path stay safe!!

·
Super Moderator
21,737 Posts
Godspeed to folks in harm's way.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Down at Ft Polk right now, raining, wind picking up and gusting. Main part of Laura isn't scheduled to be here until tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man....having been tru 4 hurricanes.... two were seriously not good. And, having dodged one two weeks ago, I gotta feel for those in the DOUBLE LANDFALL ZONE. The aftermath of a major hurricane is rough.
First the standing waters get fetid and cholera/dysentery become a real danger. Second the mosquitoes appear within 24 hours and 2 days later they are the size of sparrows and launching attacks by swarms. Not to mention snakes, gators and other creatures flooded out into human homes. The worst of all: the two legged vermin that steal from neighbors. Gotta love a state where I don't have to worry about being arrested and charged for defending what is mine. Yet, another good reason to have a good self-defense gun....or two...or three+

·
Registered
817 Posts
The center of Laura passed about 30 miles east of us giving us a huge break. We escaped relatively unscathed. That is if you don’t mind not having electricity or water and phone service. But hey, it could have been a lot worse. I feel for those in SW LA, they took the brunt of the storm.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
My bro in law is a Coastie stationed in Lake Charles. They were temporarily moved to Ft Polk to ride out the storm. Per a neighbor who rode it out his house lost a few shingles, a tree in the front yard and all the privacy fences in the neighborhood are gone. The neighbor said alot of houses did not fare well, some totally destroyed. He and his family are hoping to get in and assess in the next few days. Currently in Leesville LA hotel without power with their 5 kids, one dog, and one totally worthless cat.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The center of Laura passed about 30 miles east of us giving us a huge break. We escaped relatively unscathed. That is if you don’t mind not having electricity or water and phone service. But hey, it could have been a lot worse. I feel for those in SW LA, they took the brunt of the storm.
Glad you got a break. Still.....two hurricanes knocked out power for 8 days first time, 36 hours two weeks ago.
Time passes slowly when there's no a/c, working tvs and lots of hungry mosquitoes. If you can't find bug spray, clothes dryer softeners in hat or neck will keep some off.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My bro in law is a Coastie stationed in Lake Charles. They were temporarily moved to Ft Polk to ride out the storm. Per a neighbor who rode it out his house lost a few shingles, a tree in the front yard and all the privacy fences in the neighborhood are gone. The neighbor said alot of houses did not fare well, some totally destroyed. He and his family are hoping to get in and assess in the next few days. Currently in Leesville LA hotel without power with their 5 kids, one dog, and one totally worthless cat.
When food gets scarce.............cats do well at 350 degrees for 45 minutes with fava beans and a fine chainti......slurp,slurp

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The other white meat!

·
Super Moderator
21,737 Posts
When food gets scarce.............cats do well at 350 degrees for 45 minutes with fava beans and a fine chainti......slurp,slurp
When my dad was a young man, he worked with a guy who never shut up about how he was such a good judge of good rabbit dishes (This was in Anchorage, AK). Dad found an alley cat, killed it and cooked it up and brought it to work. The guy said it was the best damned rabbit he'd ever eaten.

Reactions: 270

·
Super Moderator
11,855 Posts
You guys are disgusting.

·
Super Moderator
21,737 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually got the recipe from old W C Fields movie. "I like little kids, if they are well done"

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
When my dad was a young man, he worked with a guy who never shut up about how he was such a good judge of good rabbit dishes (This was in Anchorage, AK). Dad found an alley cat, killed it and cooked it up and brought it to work. The guy said it was the best damned rabbit he'd ever eaten.
Just another Chinese Rabbit.

Reactions: Ratdog68

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
can I get the recipe......😜😋

got cat ladies on both sides. local coyote gets most, a few survive,and it's still hurricane season.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts