6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at getting a Colt Le6920 OEM2 and researching handguards. I want something that works with the standard barrel nut so that I don't have to mess with changing it. Samson Evo looks pretty nice. What are some of your opinions?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ive used the Samson evolution on 2 of my builds and I have a spare one still in the box for my next build. They're not super skinny like a lot of the newer hand guards that have been coming out but theyre not large and still feel nice and comfortable. the mounting system used is rock solid and ive never had any issues with them becoming loose.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
They are nice looking. But are you concerned about weight? I had one and found I preferred a lighter forearm, there are many other choices that are 25 to 50 percent lighter. It also slipped forward under recoil because my barrel nut was min spec. They should have that fixed by now.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have had 3 total.

2 of the newer keymod ones, and one that was the old style. Haven't had an issue yet with any of them.

The 12" keymod weights 11.5 oz.

I can stuff a syrac gas block under them without issue.

I say go for it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have one on my build, and it's solid. I was a little hesitant at first but after getting it on and tight, it's good to go.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looking at getting a Colt Le6920 OEM2 and researching handguards. I want something that works with the standard barrel nut so that I don't have to mess with changing it. Samson Evo looks pretty nice. What are some of your opinions?
They are good handguards, especially if you are looking for something that hooks up to the standard barrel nut. The texture on them makes for really good grip and they are comfortable to hold too. It did take me a bit to get everything tightened down enough so that it wasn't wobbly, but once that was done its been solid since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts