1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about this ammo?

20rds - 6.8 SPC Sellier & Bellot 110gr Plastic Tip Special Ammo
[22720] $18.95

This is 6.8 SPC Sellier & Bellot 110gr Plastic Tip Special. The PTS bullet is the result of efforts of hunting cartridge designers to develop bullet with high wounding effects preserving concurrently excellent ballistic values. The bullet with lead core is covered with strengthening casing and furnished with polymer tip. Optimum shape enables the bullet to achieve higher speed and trajectory stability. These characteristics ensure excellent accuracy and wounding capability of the bullet that remains compact even at the moment of the strike,it does not shatter and it does not impair game. Together with Sierra and Barnes bullets, PTS bullets extend the range of rifle cartridges used for hunting and they extend possibilites of optimum choice for various kinds of use. This ammo is made in the Czech Republic and is brass cased and boxer primed.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I have bought some but I havent been able to test it yet... I would be interested to know if anyone else has used it yet.

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too. S&S usually loads on the hot side.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
It looks like they are using the Hornady V-Max bullets.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Tim_W said:
They have a few things in common with Hrdy.
Are they loading to the hornady standard loading or closer to the TAP loading?

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
marinesg1012 said:
Tim_W said:
They have a few things in common with Hrdy.
Are they loading to the hornady standard loading or closer to the TAP loading?
I have not used any yet but it's been my experience with other calibers that S&B loads on the hot side.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I have heard that as well, and is why I am wondering if it is loaded more like the "combat" loads or the regular ones.

The claimed velocity off of their website is 777M/s and 1 meter per second = 3.2808399 feet per second with a claimed velocity of 2549 f/s but they don't say out of what length barrel.

which is what hornandy claims is the velocity of their 110 grain ballistic tip out of a 16 inch barrel, so it seems they are about the same.

·
Registered
441 Posts
marinesg1012 said:
with a claimed velocity of 2549 f/s but they don't say out of what length barrel. which is what hornandy claims is the velocity of their 110 grain ballistic tip out of a 16 inch barrel, so it seems they are about the same.
That is part of it. I you have them check out what size the primer are? If you reload pull one apart and weight the charge and case. Post what you find.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I dont reload but when I am home I want to start getting set up so I can go to cabellas and buy some stuff and pull the bullets and such....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Since you have some take a look at the primer. What size are they? S or L

If you aren't sure, if you have some other ammo in any caliber check it against it and then you can known by knowing what the other uses. I am very interested to know this.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Hey Tim, you will have to wait about 3 weeks before I am back stateside, but I will get you that info ASAP.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I ordered some S&b should be here in a week....i really like Sb one of my favorite ammo companies
the brass is decent and so so are there prices....

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I love the fact its call "plastic tip special"

Why does that sound like something I would have found at an adult store...

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
thats what threw me off at first also,

I was thinking what kind of jank arse ammo is "special".....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Cold said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What exactly were you looking for in the adult store you would have expected to find this in Hmmmm!?! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Comes with custom plastic tip applicator and takes AAA batteries offing maximum performance. Optimized to work with fast twist.1 to 10" :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tim_W said:
Cold said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What exactly were you looking for in the adult store you would have expected to find this in Hmmmm!?! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Comes with custom plastic tip applicator and takes AAA batteries offing maximum performance. Optimized to work with fast twist.1 to 10" :lol: :lol:
I thought all adult stores sold ammo...? I could be wrong.... I've heard they sell "bullets"

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Saw this stuff at the gun show... 15.00 a box ....

I purchased 6 boxes and will probably save them for the zombies...

·
Registered
2 Posts
While I have not had an opportunity to try out S&B's 6.8 yet, I have had noting but great luck with their 5.56, .303 British, and 7.62X51. Very nice ammunition! Their prices are low because of cheaper labor costs in the Czech republic. S&B has been a major European ammunition maker for well over 150 years.

If their 6.8 is anywhere near as good at their other ammo it should be great stuff. I agree with other posters who have said that S&B in general is on the hot side. Can't wait to try some of their 6.8 out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got my 5 boxes today. Compared them to the SSA's I already have. First, they have Large Primer, so they'll go in the Remington group...Second, They are noticably longer, i.e. the necks are really long. The rims are cut narrower. Nothing here "worries" me, just observations. Can't wait to try them out!!! :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts