6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my ARP 12.5" barrel put on a upper.
Previously i ran a patch of hoppes #9 down the bore a few times, then a few dry patchs, then one with rubbing alcohol, then one with Remoil till i got ready to shoot it.
Yesterday i ran a couple dry patches thru it to get the rem oil out and went out for a test run with my buddys pistol lower.
First round looked good, very slight swipe.
2nd round blew the primer out, Found primer in the bottom of the lower shelf by trigger.
3rd round looked good
4th round had a very flat primer

Decided to try 5 of them in my hunting 6.8 with a BHW 16" and it just had very slight swipes like normal.

Anybody had any issues with S&B 110 FMJ?

·
Administrator
22,085 Posts
How's the head space for the 12.5" upper?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I've put 100+ through either my ARP 16" and PSA 16" barrels and they run fine. Probably have some swipes but no blown or flat primers.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill measure headspace tonight or tomorrow. But the round i removed from the chamber looked good, no marks of riflings or anything. Ill pull a bullet and see how much jump there is from where they are seated factory too. Didnt think about that.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
I have put 300-400 of them through two different guns and have seen that ejection on my ARP Recon mid gas is about 2:00 not real sure where it is ejecting on my SAM-R with rifle gas as i have been using a brass catcher on it. Have not had any blown primers but did see some ejector swipes but have also not modified my ejectors yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.