1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts

It’s been discussed here

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
My conniving side just reared up . My wife refuses to hunt with anything except Hornady SST and would definitely know if I painted the tips of S&B red . Now that they come red I can buy a few boxes of S&B and let her practice with the several hundred SSTs I have loaded and ready to load and switch them out for S&B during season . Hopefully they shoot good out of her gun but if not it would be easy to pull a few and reload . Hopefully they will make these a loading component . Not knocking the SST as it is very accurate , as matter of fact her 16”shoots smaller groups with them than any other gun we own . The S&B just performs more consistent and leaves blood trails more often than not .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My conniving side just reared up . My wife refuses to hunt with anything except Hornady SST and would definitely know if I painted the tips of S&B red . Now that they come red I can buy a few boxes of S&B and let her practice with the several hundred SSTs I have loaded and ready to load and switch them out for S&B during season . Hopefully they shoot good out of her gun but if not it would be easy to pull a few and reload . Hopefully they will make these a loading component . Not knocking the SST as it is very accurate , as matter of fact her 16”shoots smaller groups with them than any other gun we own . The S&B just performs more consistent and leaves blood trails more often than not .

Coming Soon!!!!! "Divorce Sale" All guns ammo and tools sold extremely cheap by disgruntled wife.

·
Administrator
22,823 Posts
Coming Soon!!!!! "Divorce Sale" All guns ammo and tools sold extremely cheap by disgruntled wife.
Or: Head stone to read... "I told him to NOT mess with my load."

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
This is NOT an SST. Yes, Hornady makes it, but it is a bonded bullet designed and manufactured exclusively for S&B. I suspect that the green tip was left over polymer from Hornady's now defunct Zombie ammo and when it ran out S&B was willing to use the red tips rather than pay for Hornady to stock a different polymer just for their tips. Either way, its a great bullet in a factory offering at a reasonable price point.

Reactions: Mosinwolf762

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is NOT an SST. Yes, Hornady makes it, but it is a bonded bullet designed and manufactured exclusively for S&B. I suspect that the green tip was left over polymer from Hornady's now defunct Zombie ammo and when it ran out S&B was willing to use the red tips rather than pay for Hornady to stock a different polymer just for their tips. Either way, its a great bullet in a factory offering at a reasonable price point.
Even better I think I'm going to order a couple more boxes

·
Registered
94 Posts

Would red tips on a 30 caliber Accubond strike her fancy?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts