6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Purchased 37 acres 40 minutes north of Show Low. Its in a community, so maintained dirt roads. State lands in the area for shooting / hunting.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bought 37 acres 40 minutes north of Show Low. Close tk the community well, 0-200 ft well depth. Bout 4 miles off the main road along community maintained dirt roads

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Congrats, hope it is all you want it to be.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a few buddies that have places in and near Vernon. I just spent the past weekend up there. Daytime temperatures in the 80s night time 40s and 50s. The wind blew a near-constant 25 miles an hour during the day. In three days we saw deer, elk, a bear, coyotes, bobcat and a fox.

·
Registered
63 Posts
One of the main reasons I bought the farm was I was told that within 20 years if you did no have a private place to shoot you would not be shooting. The very first thing built on the farm was a 15 ft high berm and a 300 yard by 50 yard rifle range. The range served as the place for the burn pits location for the clearing debris from the fence lines, range, structure pads. The well on the place is 168 ft deep and I put in two agricultural ponds. The ponds serve the surrounding critters.

·
Registered
63 Posts
In the SE we are lucky to be able to see 100 yards without clearing. You guys can stand in the middle of 40 acres and see from corner to corner. Just different territory for sure. But now you can fix your place the way you want, water and power is the key to any comfort in staying there even for a short time.👍

21 - 28 of 28 Posts