6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got one?

I've currently only got one rifle can. A DeadAir Sandman S and I need to add another. Need one for a "loaner", backup, etc...

I like the fact you can shorten it up a little, which is probably where I would leave it most of the time. Going to see most of its use on 5.56, 6.8, and a little bit of .308 win.

If anyone has one, how do you like it?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only handled one, I do like the sandman mount better.
Yeah. I love the Sandman mount... it's available to those who have silencerco sakers too... if you have one and were interested.

I'm stuck on either the rugged surge, Sandman L, or another Sandman S. I like the rugged because I can use it in the shorter configuration, and later down the road when I get a few more cans I have the option to make it longer. Their mount isn't that bad. I won't be taking it off and on all the time. The full auto rating isn't a big deal, but the short barrel capabilities are nice. I won't have anything under 11" on barrels though.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Rugged Surge 7.62

Trent -
I run two 30 caliber cans.
SilencerCo Saker 7.62, and
Rugged Surge 7.62.
-
I run the Saker on my 12.5 and 18" ARP 6.8's..also on my 20" ARP 270AR.
-
I run the Rugged Surge on my 16 and 18" ARP 30 Herretts.
Both the Saker and Surge are great cans. Both are hearing safe and enjoyable to use.
-
The hogs hate 'em since they don't seem to know the source of their pain/muzzle blast!
-
The Surge can be owner shortened to 'K' length, I believe, and will slightly increase the DB level.. I have not tried this myself as I like the full length performance. (Sound and accuracy).
The Surge is also rated for belt fed auto rate of fire, so doubtful if you could hurt this great can.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trent -
I run two 30 caliber cans.
SilencerCo Saker 7.62, and
Rugged Surge 7.62.
-
I run the Saker on my 12.5 and 18" ARP 6.8's..also on my 20" ARP 270AR.
-
I run the Rugged Surge on my 16 and 18" ARP 30 Herretts.
Both the Saker and Surge are great cans. Both are hearing safe and enjoyable to use.
-
The hogs hate 'em since they don't seem to know the source of their pain/muzzle blast!
-
The Surge can be owner shortened to 'K' length, I believe, and will slightly increase the DB level.. I have not tried this myself as I like the full length performance. (Sound and accuracy).
The Surge is also rated for belt fed auto rate of fire, so doubtful if you could hurt this great can.
Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking I'm going to go with the surge this time around. The short configuration is a little longer than my Sandman s and it's supposed to be just a little quieter. I may end up using the long. Will have to wait and see.

How is accuracy with your surge attached? My Sandman S has actually improved accuracy by a very small margin on every firearm I've used it on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why not sandman-k? It’s cheap right now, uses the same mount, short, and has no barrel length requirements. Not as much decibel reduction as the S but enough and versatile.

My sandman-s improves noticeable accuracy in a couple of my rifles. Can’t explain it.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking I'm going to go with the surge this time around. The short configuration is a little longer than my Sandman s and it's supposed to be just a little quieter. I may end up using the long. Will have to wait and see.

How is accuracy with your surge attached? My Sandman S has actually improved accuracy by a very small margin on every firearm I've used it on.
I have fired several groups with my 30 Herrett through the Surge with bullet holes touching at 100. I will not complain - and the hogs can Not either !

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a rugged surge - great can! Accuracy is great, nice to be able to shorter it as well. Somewhat heavy when compared to the q suppressors I have but I would definitely recommend it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts

The Sandman S is designed to be quieter at the shooters ear instead of the muzzle. It does this by reducing more of the back pressure at the chamber. The rugged is a very well built can that is quieter at the muzzle but not as quiet at the ear. You have to decide which is more important to you in your chosen application.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Buy the one you like!

I have the Sandman L, S, K, as well as the Surge and Razor, we use our cans for predominately hunting so for me the K is worthless.

I favor the longer cans for the softer (quieter) sound / tone. I have been ask between the Surge and L which is quieter; same rifle, same ammo, I can tell you to date at 50 yards in front of and slightly to the side of the shooter, no one has been able to identify which can is being shot due to the "quiet factor"

The majority of rifles see improved accuracy with a suppressor, Google it, their is plenty of science and explanation behind it.

The mount system's are very similar, you can't go wrong with either. Customer Service is excellent for both.

I have ran the Surge on a FA 249 Para extensively - the can is a tank.

Buy the one you like, you wont be disappointed regardless of your choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts