6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rifle is coming home after being at the shop of Accuracy Systems Inc. (ASI) getting a makeover. It has been a long 6 months but it is done and in transit.
follow up pics to follow when it gets here.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a 6.8 ranch to begin with. You cannot convert a Mini 14 .223 into a 6.8, only a Mini 30

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got her out of the box. I have to go run a beer garden for the evening but will play with it tomorrow.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Lookin' good! What else did they do other than the gas block and barrel? I always wanted to do an ASI touch up to my mini when I had one. But I sold it and got another two rifles for what it would cost for the mini and ASI upgrade. But is I could get a mini 6.8 I will have to think harder about it... Let us know hos it shoots!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
OH NICE!

Mine only does sub MOA after it got reamed to Spec II. H says that happens at times.

With Federal Fusion 115 grain the dang thing goes 400 yards for deer now! I was just happy with 300 yards with the olde SSA 110 accubonds!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
NICE!

What are the barrel specs?

Mine is just 1 in 10 twist spec II. The same 18.5" barrel it came with only reamed to spec II.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts