6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Ruger website to see if they had released a 6.8 in the American Ranch and the first slide on the homepage was the new Ruger 57. I haven’t heard anything about it before now, but a 5.7 pistol for around $600 is pretty cool. I googled it and there are several reviews posted in the last few hours.

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Yes, I just got the new product notification from Davidson's. Not available yet but it is on my wish list.

·
Registered
13,748 Posts
Went to the Ruger website to see if they had released a 6.8 in the American Ranch and the first slide on the homepage was the new Ruger 57. I haven’t heard anything about it before now, but a 5.7 pistol for around $600 is pretty cool. I googled it and there are several reviews posted in the last few hours.
:a21:..............Ammo may be more expensive and not as available but does a lot more damage than a 9mm.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
The 5.7 actually got me into the 6.8. I was going to pick up a PS90 for fun plinking and the guy sold them to another dealer and the new dealer upped the price by $200 so I walked out on him. Found the 6.8 and loved it.

On the pistol side it is somewhat impressive but Rock Island makes a model that converts between 9 mm and .22 TCM. The TCM has an edge in performance over the 5.7 but either one is amazing in how soft the recoil is and how quick you can get off follow up shots.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 5.7 actually got me into the 6.8. I was going to pick up a PS90 for fun plinking and the guy sold them to another dealer and the new dealer upped the price by $200 so I walked out on him. Found the 6.8 and loved it.

On the pistol side it is somewhat impressive but Rock Island makes a model that converts between 9 mm and .22 TCM. The TCM has an edge in performance over the 5.7 but either one is amazing in how soft the recoil is and how quick you can get off follow up shots.
Just checked that out. Pretty cute little round!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the online retailers are sold out. Prices are from $600-750. On Gunbroker the only 57 with less than 24 hrs remaining the bidding is almost the MSRP of $799. After the rush is over I think I will pick one up. I’m hoping they will chamber the PC carbine for it too. I’ve been holding my breath for a 10mm PC, but I’m about to give up.

·
Registered
229 Posts
What will be interesting is if a threaded model is released. I can assume someone is working on a brace/chassis system that would make a pretty cool, light rig. Imagine a micro red dot, braced, suppressed 57 as a backpack/survival rifle.

·
Registered
13,748 Posts
All the online retailers are sold out. Prices are from $600-750. On Gunbroker the only 57 with less than 24 hrs remaining the bidding is almost the MSRP of $799. After the rush is over I think I will pick one up. I’m hoping they will chamber the PC carbine for it too. I’ve been holding my breath for a 10mm PC, but I’m about to give up.
I don't think they are for sale yet, none of the wholesalers have them listed at all.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the 40 PC neat little carbine

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What will be interesting is if a threaded model is released. I can assume someone is working on a brace/chassis system that would make a pretty cool, light rig. Imagine a micro red dot, braced, suppressed 57 as a backpack/survival rifle.
This would be sweet too

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Another Ruger gun I wish I could get...

From the reviews it seems better than most other 5.7s.
My LGS still has not seen a Wrangler. His distributors tell him they get one every once in awhile but have seen no substantial quantities. I'm really curious as to where all the new intro's go.

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
My LGS still has not seen a Wrangler. His distributors tell him they get one every once in awhile but have seen no substantial quantities. I'm really curious as to where all the new intro's go.
I have managed to get a total of 4 Wranglers since they came out. What happens with new releases is they go to distributors in small quantities and they are divided up or allocated so many per salesman. Some get equal amounts, others give the most to their highest selling sales person. Many of these salesman then call their biggest spending dealers and offer the guns to them first. If you are a small shop or home based dealer like me you are often on the very low end of the list. I have one distributor (salesman) that will send them out to who ever is on the waiting list in order. That is the only reason I have been able to get the Wranglers. If the 57s are anything like that it will likely be a year or so before they are out there at a decent price from guys like me. I see Wranglers all over the market for $199 but I refuse to pay that for them. I have seen the 57 on pre order for $795, but same deal. I will wait till I can get them at regular dealer cost and will be able to sell them for $599.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Yes, I understand the system, but, I still don't understand where "my supposed" volume of manufacturing goes months after introduction. It seems that high volume buyers would have them in stock in their "big stores". I am beginning to believe new offerings are manufactured from Disappearium :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
My local shop got one in on Friday. Was in the case for $575. I've never given these any serious consideration based on the price of the FN's. Now I'm interested.......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My local shop got one in on Friday. Was in the case for $575. I've never given these any serious consideration based on the price of the FN's. Now I'm interested.......
Buy it so you can tell us about it! I messed up and bought a PSAK-47 a couple weeks ago when they were on sale for $520 and I’m tapped out for awhile

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Ruger is interesting for sure, but the Diamondback Firearms DBX was very interesting to me. It will depend on the price point though, north of $1200 and it is done

1 - 18 of 18 Posts