6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this subject has been beat to death, but will the SSA 110 pro-hunters be ok in a Rock River chamber 1-10 twist. I just received this rifle & it is going to be a gift to my 8 year old daughter. I need a round that will be good for whitetails. She can't wait for deer season this year. I am leaning to the SSA 110 pro-hunters. Opinions?

If the SSA round will not work--what other reccomendations do you guys have.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sure they should be fine. I'm not an expert in the area but it seems two of the best rounds to use are either the 100g Pro Hunter or the 110g Accubond. Either should be admirable coming out of that barrel and the Pro Hunters are inexpensive.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
The standard load SSA 110G Pro Hunter would be my choice...

Good to see your starting your daughter young with an excellent round.

My dad gave me my first "deer rifle" when I was her age...an Italian Carcano 6.5... :shock:

Believe me...the 6.8 SPC is a better choice...!

Kerry

BTW...Welcome to the forum...!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
SHWILL said:
I know that this subject has been beat to death, but will the SSA 110 pro-hunters be ok in a Rock River chamber 1-10 twist. I just received this rifle & it is going to be a gift to my 8 year old daughter. I need a round that will be good for whitetails. She can't wait for deer season this year. I am leaning to the SSA 110 pro-hunters. Opinions?

If the SSA round will not work--what other reccomendations do you guys have.
Thanks
Welcome aboard. The SSA Pro-Hunters are a great choice. Try a box of the Commercial and Combat Loads to see which is more accurate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys. I ordered 6 boxes of the SSA pro-hunters, that should at least get us started. Thats some of the cheapest ammo I have bought in a while.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The ssa prohunters is what I use out of my RRA. My 7 year old will be using it for a deer hunt in Tx next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts