6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I aquired this rifle from my grandpa and I was wondering if any of you could share any information with me about it? I'm not sure how old it is but I'm fairly certain he had it in the 80's.

I'm hoping it is reliable and fairly accurate.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I aquired this rifle from my grandpa and I was wondering if any of you could share any information with me about it? I'm not sure how old it is but I'm fairly certain he had it in the 80's.

I'm hoping it is reliable and fairly accurate.
The bobcat is most likely a Puma. It's been a while since I dealt with the Rossi line but I'm 99% sure one of the names they came in under was Puma. IIRC the .45 Colt I had was imported as a Puma.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Yup, puma

Some had feeding issues (mainly in the 44 or 45 caliber models and using 38spl in the 357 model) but I think they were mostly decent guns ...some could use a little "slicking up" of the action.

I've seen them sell for $350-500 depending on condition

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep probably a puma. I don't have it yet, my dad picked it up for me today. It's been several years since I have even seen it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It's a horrible firearm especially in that caliber. Cant hit nothing with it when you finally get it unjamed. Best thing to do is get rid of it. PM me for my address I have a big pile of em in my back yard. Dangerous to keep.:a21:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Puma. I had one and from everything I reserched, the Puma's were fairly highly regarded. It is essentially the same as the current M92's but were a bit higher quality.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I had one in .357. It fed .357's well, but you had to load them to factory length. Any longer and it would jam. Never tried 38's in it though.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha, thanks guys I appreciate the info. I should have it this weekend so hopefully I'll have time to go try it out.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you get a chance to shoot it yet?
Yes, fun to shoot but I'm not sure about accuracy yet. I am also having problems with the thingamajig that stops the rounds from coming out of the tube. It is allowing a round to pop out under the lifter so when I lever the round into the chamber it jams up and won't let the round move forward.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Yes, fun to shoot but I'm not sure about accuracy yet. I am also having problems with the thingamajig that stops the rounds from coming out of the tube. It is allowing a round to pop out under the lifter so when I lever the round into the chamber it jams up and won't let the round move forward.
oooh yes, the dreaded thingamajig

that will get ya every time :a32:

·
Administrator
22,080 Posts
Well... I WAS going to give you a link to the Numrich Gun Parts page for your model... but, they list only two items for the 92. The stock is "out of stock", and they offer a lyman peep sight. Sorry, no love for ya on the internals.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well... I WAS going to give you a link to the Numrich Gun Parts page for your model... but, they list only two items for the 92. The stock is "out of stock", and they offer a lyman peep sight. Sorry, no love for ya on the internals.
A peep sight might be kinda nice.

·
Administrator
22,080 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts