6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to purchase a Rock River 6.8 SPC rifle. Perfect condition and just curious if anyone has experience with the rifle. Been a reader here for sometime, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,097 Posts
I don't recall hearing anything negative about them. If my rememberer is working, I think they're an SPC II chamber and a 1:11 twist? Don't recall if they're a 4 groove or 6 groove rifling.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a RRA coyote carbine. Been having it about 9 years. I love the rifle. I don’t remember the specs of the barrel but it’s sub moa if I do my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yeah, I've never heard of a bad rock river product. My first AR was a rock river carbine kit, everything except the lower. Is is pretty damn accurate for standard carbine.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
@rifter has a lot of experience with Rock River 6.8. I’ve owned a Rock River 5.56, and it was gtg.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Back in the early 90's Rock River was the first brand to be considered as good as Colt because they used the same forgings and subcontractors for parts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My first 6.8 was a complete upper bought directly from RRA. Still have and shoot it. All ways been accurate and dependable. My son killed his first buck and hogs with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've been running one for 10 years now as my primary rifle. It has been a great rifle all around, you can't go wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have a chance to purchase a Rock River 6.8 SPC rifle. Perfect condition and just curious if anyone has experience with the rifle. Been a reader here for sometime, thanks.
I have 2, both 16 inch carbine M4 clones, not "rigs" or anything else. Yes, they are the more correct chamber with a 1:10. Xman covers the 1:10 and why it is actually good. They shoot better than me. When I bought the first, the ad was 1 MOA, now it is 1.5, but both of mine are better than that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2 Rock River 6.8's. They both shoot 1/2 MOA with handloads (when I do my part). Solid rifle. I would jump on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have two RRA uppers in 6.8 and love them both. Since leaving NY for GA I've harvested all my deer with the 16" Coyote Carbine (except one via muzzleloader), it's my go-to hunting rig. I also have the heavy barrel 20" varmint version, basically for paper punching. Both will shoot 1/2 MOA when I do my part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts