6.8 SPC Forums banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for your advice. I'm headed to NorthWest Territories Canada next year for a black bear hunt. Sorry, I'm not bringing a 6.8 (30-06 AI for stalk and a 450Marlin BLR for stand). Since so many of you guys travle with your 6.8's I was wondering what your experiences have been.

I was thinking of a Pelican 1750 to house my gold. What do you guys use for airplane transport and how has it worked out?\\

Thanks. Sean

· Registered
229 Posts
I've made a few airplane trips with my Pelican 1720 and so far so good. Things built like the proverbial tank so I think you would REALLY have to try to be able to break it. Too be fair, before I could swing the cost of a Pelican, I traveled for a number of years with gun OR bow housed in one of those flimsy $25 Plano cases and never had a problem either. But I always had this "knot in my stomach" feeling while waiting at the luggage conveyor wating for my case to slide down. Everytime it appeared unscathed I'd breath a little sigh of relief and tell myself I lucked out. Got tired of waiting too see how long my luck would keep holding out, bought the Pelican, and travel much easier now.

Have you checked into the Hardigg Storm cases? I've heard good reports about them and they seem too be equal quality/protection wise with Pelican. Choosing between the two would probably come down to personal preference/price.

· Registered
7,772 Posts
I traveled with my pelican with all my stuff in it and it all did fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.