6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to the site and the AR platform. I have seen the many positive remarks about ARP and others, but i have not seen anything on a Texas company called AR15part.com I called them and asked some questions. The person who answered the phone did say a well known manufacturer in Connecticut (not known for making AR barrels) makes his barrels. Other than the company Facebook page, I cannot find any reviews.

Does anyone have any experience with AR15part.com good or bad?

For the record, I am looking for a good, but affordable, 6.8 upper in 20' medium barrel. I will likely get a local company to build my lower. Any recommendations on a good trigger with a 3.5-4 lb pull?

Thanks, in advance, for your feedback.

Bill

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
We are talking about AR Performance (ARP).

I've never used ARParts.com.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hello everyone,

Any recommendations on a good trigger with a 3.5-4 lb pull?
If you want a single stage you might try the CMC 3.5 lb Tactical Trigger...they are offered in both curved and flat. I have one and have been very happy with it thus far.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I know he was talking about AR15parts. It looks like we have two ARPs.
I misread the OP, but actually (so the OP is clear) the ARP we refer to is actually www.ar15performance.com (the best in the industry!! oh sorry for the brown nosing:a26:) ..I'm surprised there aren't more similar names (such as ar15parts, arparts, etc)

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Hello everyone,

For the record, I am looking for a good, but affordable, 6.8 upper in 20' medium barrel. I will likely get a local company to build my lower. Any recommendations on a good trigger with a 3.5-4 lb pull?

Bill
there are several sight sponsors here that might help you out, you can try ARP, or MDWS, or IWT, or black hole, or bison, or Wilson, or, or or , as for trigger I like the Geissele triggers (ssa, or ssa-e) or for more budget minded RRA match or varmint

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I misread the OP, but actually (so the OP is clear) the ARP we refer to is actually www.ar15performance.com (the best in the industry!! oh sorry for the brown nosing:a26:) ..I'm surprised there aren't more similar names (such as ar15parts, arparts, etc)
No biggie.:a04:

there are several sight sponsors here that might help you out, you can try ARP, or MDWS, or IWT, or black hole, or bison, or Wilson Combat, or, or or , as for trigger I like the Geissele triggers (ssa, or ssa-e) or for more budget minded RRA match or varmint
Good list.
If you're on a budget. PSA has some deals on their FN made barrels. They are the ones with sale on AE 115gr & 90gr Federal Gold Dot mentioned on this forum.
If you're closer to west coast. There is the Rainier Arms Ultra Match. Both PSA & Rainier Arms sell other parts & both are good companies.

JP Fire Control is pretty nice trigger group if you're a DYI type person. Timney is also pretty well known trigger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you to all the members that responded. (Greatly appreciate your help). I'll will look a deeper into these. This being my first AR, I will likely stay at the mid-level quality and price point.

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
I like the Velocity trigger and the Patriot Ordinance Factory triggers. They are both drop in single stage triggers in the 135 to 150 range. Velocity offers a 3lb pull that I am liking pretty well.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have used ar15part.com. I'd rather share feedback over PM. However, if you want to check some of my recent posts, you might find some info there (though they aren't called out directly). I'd rather keep things positive and recommend working with site sponsors and specifically ones that use ARP barrels (IWT).

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Thank you to all the members that responded. (Greatly appreciate your help). I'll will look a deeper into these. This being my first AR, I will likely stay at the mid-level quality and price point.
No need to get mid-level quality for mid-level price.
Build using AR15Performance barrels or buy from IronWorksTactical which uses them, in the end you will have highest quality at a mid-level price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ar15part

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to the site and the AR platform. I have seen the many positive remarks about ARP and others, but i have not seen anything on a Texas company called AR15part.com I called them and asked some questions. The person who answered the phone did say a well known manufacturer in Connecticut (not known for making AR barrels) makes his barrels. Other than the company Facebook page, I cannot find any reviews.

Bill
I just received an upper in in 300 blk. took it to the range it would not cycle. Had to rack it for every round, took it to smith. The gas block was crooked, and the qaud rail had 4 of the 6 screws loose. Contacted ar15part to let them know of the siuation, of course they did not reply.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello everyone,

Bill
The only feedback I've read was not good. A shooter used their BCG in the 6.8 he'd built. he was using factory ammo (didn't say what brand) and after 4 boxes the bolt carrier gas key sheered off! Both screws, neither he no i had EVER heard of that. He contacted them and there was no guarantee. They did offer to go the hardware store and buy a couple of hex heads and send them to him. which i'm sure should be a hardened item, but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Two year old thread that was dead until Crabbyass decided to resurrect it with his first post on this forum.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Two year old thread that was dead until Crabbyass decided to resurrect it with his first post on this forum.
Well here it is another two years with a newbie; using the search function does stuff like that sometimes. I was thinking of buying an upper assembly from ar15part.com but this thread has warned me otherwise. Thanks to the forum for already helping me on my upcoming build.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have met the guys at arparts. Seem to have mid quality parts, at gun show prices.
I would always favor our sight sponsors. Arperformance is great stuff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts