6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
I thought the 6.8x43 cone angle was different from SPC II 45 degrees?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There may have been some with the 80 degree angle, but the current SAAMI and SPCII Chambers have the 45 degree angle.

·
Registered
422 Posts
wow there is alot of good information here I will be sending a link to my friends. thanks Paulo

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Thanks a ton for doing that Paulo... I think that will answer a lot of the beginner's questions and help them understand the 6.8 better.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
This is exactly why Paulo has always been a legend here. He always provided tons of good info. Now if we can get him to repost all of his excellent reloading data that somehow disappeared. It will answer alot of questions.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is exactly why Paulo has always been a legend here. He always provided tons of good info. Now if we can get him to repost all of his excellent reloading data that somehow disappeared. It will answer alot of questions.
I'll do that tomorrow in a different thread.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
It's good to see that you aren't getting as involved again:a43::a32:

·
Registered
I got guns, you got guns, we all got guns! Free to the bone, please do not f**k with me.
3,657 Posts
Welcome back dude.

·
Administrator
22,645 Posts
Nice listing of shtuffs for folks to eyeball... but, in the spirit of TimW (as I understand it)... isn't it all supposed to be encrypted with spell-check-delete 101?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wow! Thank you Sir for your work and what you have done.

Steve

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Excellent info Paulo.

A couple things you may want to add;

Hornady 120gr SST
Elite 77gr brass solid
Nosler 85gr Etip- will be relased this spring
Barnes 85gr RRLP- a fragmenting version of the 85 tsx ( they call it by two names can't remember the other name )

More bullets are more gooder...as Ratdog would say =)

Thanks for compiling all this info into an easy to read format...really helpful!

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Hunting effective ranges have changed with the 95 TTSX opening up down to 1600 fps. That's easily 400 yards conservatively. Similar range with the 120 SST that has a .400 BC and will open up down to 1800 per Hornady.

Small and medium game? I would say large game. 350 lb wild hogs, and elk are clearly large game. It's not the ultimate elk cartridge, but within its capabilities it can take elk.

The "chart" needs some serious upgrading. Just off the top Bushmaster and Armalite are now 1:11.

I would also take "Remington" out of the name since the cartridge has thrived in the industry without Remington's involvement.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hunting effective ranges have changed with the 95 TTSX opening up down to 1600 fps. That's easily 400 yards conservatively. Similar range with the 120 SST that has a .400 BC and will open up down to 1800 per Hornady.

Small and medium game? I would say large game. 350 lb wild hogs, and elk are clearly large game. It's not the ultimate elk cartridge, but within its capabilities it can take elk.

The "chart" needs some serious upgrading. Just off the top Bushmaster and Armalite are now 1:11.

I would also take "Remington" out of the name since the cartridge has thrived in the industry without Remington's involvement.
I have to update the chart and the bullet section. I'll add the Hornady and the other 85 GR Bullets. I was waiting on some info on them, especially the two 85 GR bullets. The chart is actually pretty up to date. I just have to update the picture. If you click on the link, it will take you to the chart and it is pretty much up to date. I still have to add a few things.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Now if we can get him to repost all of his excellent reloading data that somehow disappeared. It will answer alot of questions.
Would be nice to have one that is up to date with all the new stuff compiled with all the old stuff in one document, then get rid of those other threads. I was getting ready to do it but i think you would do a better job Paulo. Thanks for your time man.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Paulo,

The Barnes RRLP (reduced ricochet, limited penetration) is an excellent, modestly priced bullet made of copper-tin alloy. It is extremely accurate, and seems to be on a par with the 90 TNT. I attached a link to a write up I did after testing some for Barnes when they were released.

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?13894-Range-Report-Barnes-RRLP-85-grain-frangible
So both the Barnes and he Nosler 85 GR bullets are both similar to the Speer 90 GR TNT? I wish nosler made a 110 GR E-Tip instead.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
the 85 Etip is already 1.1 inches long I think a 110 Etip would be way to long for the 68 and would eat up a lot of case capacity, see the 95 TTSX for example...

1 - 20 of 96 Posts