6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where were you on 9/11? Please say a prayer for those lost. Also pray for our country that we can find our way..

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Where were you on 9/11? Please say a prayer for those lost. Also pray for our country that we can find our way..
I was in the back bedroom in our house on the outskirts of Brisbane, Australia. Someone called from the States to tell us what was going on and we got up and turned on the television. We watched the second plane hit the south tower, the people jumping from the buildings to escape the flames and the buildings collapsing. It was possibly the most helpless, infuriating and impactful events I've seen in my life.

·
Super Moderator
21,648 Posts
I was home, in Seattle. Woke up, turned on the news and was horrified, enraged with what I was watching. This was shortly after the first tower was struck.

Old Glory went up on my front porch, and has flown there every day since.

·
10,536 Posts
In the SoCal desert training with some tanks. Someone had a FM radio that we would listen to in the morning. The music stopped and news was reporting the first plane. We listened in a way that I believe was like people listening to reports of Pearl Harbor. The tanks were loaded and ready to go and we thought for sure we would be moving to base security mode, then maybe deployed.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I was home from work that day, was laying on the couch watching TV and dozing and woke up and thought i was watching a movie, couldn't believe what i was seeing. Allot of evil not only outside of our great nation but also within our great nation.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Can't remember what I had for breakfast but can still remember exactly what I was doing that morning! Driving down the road hauling a load listening to the radio. Pulled over and found the little American flag in the sleeper and ran it on the mirror. May nobody ever forget that day!

·
Super Moderator
21,648 Posts
Can't remember what I had for breakfast but can still remember exactly what I was doing that morning! Driving down the road hauling a load listening to the radio. Pulled over and found the little American flag in the sleeper and ran it on the mirror. May nobody ever forget that day!
Yeah, the next day, I fabbed an aluminum flag pole/mount for my murdersickle, and ran with the flag flying on it for about six months too. :a18:

I have an "Infidel"(chrome) emblem on my tail gate too.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Like someone said it was our Peral Harbor. I was working had just arrived at my hotel in Christiansburg VA. Then the second plane hit and I knew we would be at war next. My prayers go out to the people killed and the families of the ones lost. Also we need to,remember the people who,died from diseases they got from working at Ground Zero as they were victims as well,just took longer to,die.
God Bless America!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was a high school senior, sitting in class. Before that I never thought we'd have a war last longer than a few months. Now the Long War is still going, I've been in since 06. Definitely changed my whole life.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to say what I was doing that day. We were living 50 miles from NYC on a small mountain (hill) in rural western NJ. As I got into my car to drive 3 miles to work a large passenger acft flew about 200 feet over the house. I thought it was strange but didn't think too much about it. (I believe now it was the plane that hit the pentagon since we were on the approach to Newark ). When I got to the office the assistant had a radio on and the announced a plane just hit the Trade Center. We turned a tv on and watched the second plane hit the tower. I worked for the DOD at a satellite office. I called my boss and he said just to stand by. I told him I was going to stand by at my house to be with my family. My son had an appointment at the Trade Center that day and by then my wife was a wreck . As it turned out he got up late missed his train and didn't make the appointment we didn't hear from him until late when he found a phone.
My boss told me to stay home and report to the base the next day. From our yard we could see the smoke from the burning towers. Sometime that day I got a call from a Asshole that wanted to fly so he could watch the towers burn. I try to be nice to callers but that one got an ear full. The whole community went to the church to be together and pray for the lost and injured.
We lost a few friends from our small town that day. A few more got out and walked across the bridge.
Our family was lucky that day but many others were not. America woke up and came together that day but I think they fell asleep again.
Each 9/11 from then on I stay home and watch Fox news replay that day. I will never forget.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Logging about 15 miles from home. One of our truck drivers showed up and told us what had happened but I didn't get any real good info until we were in the pickup headed home. WOW!!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Like then I was headed home from work today and was listening to clips being replayed on the radio. It still has the same emotional effect on me.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I was at work. I graduated in '99 and my supervisor listened to the radio when at work. When the report came on his exact words were "We are at war"

I met with a recruiter for the Marines the next week and found out I couldn't pass the physical for the military because they would find the disc that I blew the year before.

Not a day goes by that I don't kick myself for not joining up directly after High School...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I found out between passing periods in school that the first plane hit. At that moment I figure it could be something bigger, so as a 14 year old freshman I decided to skip class and watch TV in one of the lounges, at which point I saw the second one hit. I skipped the next 2 classes before administration shut down the TVs. They knew since it was a military community what would be happening next, and didn't want us to see. We went into a class and got a teacher to let us watch.

I still ill remember the eerie chills of living next to an Air Force base, and not hearing a single plan in the air. Then, as if out of nowhere, I saw Bush in Air Force One approach his landing at Offutt over my house. Surreal to remember that and the students running out of classrooms when they got news that they had family in the towers.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I was driving to the Pentagon that morning for a meeting. My passenger and I saw the plane come in low. We saw the smoke rising about a minute later, then about 6 Virginia State Police cars passed us - we knew what had happened in NYC a few minutes later from the radio news, did a U-Turn and went back to Fairfax, VA to the office. I will never forget it.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I was in 3rd grade on a field trip not very far where flight 93 went down in PA. Field trip ended early and we where bused back to the school in a hurry. Next thing I know kids where getting picked up by their parents one by one. In the end it was only me and one other kid left in my class. I had no clue what had happened until later that day, the teachers wouldn't say a word either. I don't think the teacher's knew what to tell us since they where probably so shocked.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I was asleep after working a late shift in the ER. I was awoken by my ex wife calling that a plane had crashed into the first tower, I was like "OK" (my ex is an idiot and had no other details). She called again after the second plane and I figured I better get up. I fixed breakfast and clear as day can remember the first tower going down and the look on the anchor's face a second later. A little later I got a call from my team leader (I was Army Natl Guard SF at the time) saying, better up your PT and get your sh1t in order, don't know when we are going but we are (we didn't for about a year, was in AFG on 11 Sep 2002). Sadly, this was a "when not if" scenario. I remember being irritated at my fellow americans with the "the whole world has changed."

I'm 46 now. My Geo-political awakening was the Iran Hostage Crisis. This has been building since then. Sadly half of the country has their heads in the sand and won't realize what's going on until the only thing their smartphone sounds is the "cat in the blender" call to prayer.

God save the Republic.

·
10,536 Posts
Oh, I answered about 2001. What about the Americans killed in 2012? Regrettably I do not recall my activities. At this point, what difference does it make?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, I answered about 2001. What about the Americans killed in 2012? Regrettably I do not recall my activities. At this point, what difference does it make?
And she is running to continue the downward spiral.

·
Super Moderator
21,648 Posts
I get an urge to vomit when that hag is on the TV screen.:a13:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts