6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to post this before but ,here goes again. I have a Rem 700 pss in 6.8spc with a 24" stainless hb, rifle is stainless also, any ideas as to the twist ? tried checking but got between 10 1/2 and 12 so not sure. I tried to find it on Remingtons site but no luck, the barrel is marked 6.8spc and 1st production run. the box says 1st production run for accusports, guessing it is a special run but? any ideas? it has the 700p stock dark grey/black with green spider webbing. also how can I tell the difference in an saami or spcII chamber? my throat seems as long as concert lines. anyone have ideas? also need load suggestions an yes I have read some of the load topics but being a bolt gun and able to load out to abour 2.300 plus perhaps different loads ? sorry for the long post but need the answers.
Marvin

·
Registered
81 Posts
According to the Remington Law Enforcement catalogs that I have, the 700P LTR (20" barrel) in 6.8spc (order #5677) has a 1 in 10" twist. According to the Remington website, the 700sps in 6.8spc has a twist rate of 1 in 9". Since neither of these is your exact model, I would call/email Remington with your question. My past experiences have been very positive with their customer service.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glock20man, thanks for the reply soory it took so long ,tried Remington ,they dont have a clue as to what twist or even that they made the rifle its not in their listing, the order # is 26449 and apperantly is a special production run . Rem states they do not currently catalog any rifles in 6.8 spc, so still in the air . I havent had time to shoot the rifle much, the first scope on it may have been a pos, also noticed that the rear ring screws(leupold) were loose so retest everything hopefull this weekend, still havent found a set of dies or at least locally, so limited ammo ie rem or hornady ,
Marvin
ps didnt have the notify me icon on till now.my bad
I'm near Waco Tx, so ammo isnt real available, ie no ssa.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
call Art at SSA and have the ammo shipped in and midway reloading should have dies for you too.
I'll look at Accusports in Georgia
phone 770-622-1602

·
Registered
441 Posts
For figuring the twist put a tight fitting patch on the cleaning rod start it into the bore. Once you can tell its past the throat mark the rod at a referance point (the end of the action etc..) Put a witness mark on the rod and handle. Now slowly push the rod in until it makes one revolution (marks line up again). Mark the barrel at the same referance point as before. Pull it out and measure the length between the two marks. That is the twist rate. If it measures 9" then its 1:9 twist. Most production barrels are not either the correct twist or the same rate thru the whole barrel. Some are very accuracte but this will tell you the twist rate and quite accurately. Say within 1/8 or a inch it you take the time to measure accurately and make sure the patches make the fit nice a tight but that you can still push it smoothly. You don't want it so tight the rod bows or you have to jerk it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
call acusport..........
http://www.acusport.com/AcuSportWeb/
I am looking @ buying the same rifle
they made the r5's which is almost the same as
the M-24 sniper
You should have a good shooter
how much did you pay for it? if u don't mind me asking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts