6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a full size 1911?

I know, hard, but if anyone has any good recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
It depends on where you live and what you wear to pick the best holster, actually you'll probably end up with more than one. Under a parka and you can wear whatever holster you want. Florida in the Summer? Then an inside the waistband rig with untucked shirt is probably best. Milt Sparks, Galco, Blackhawk are a few brands that I've used.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Lou Alessi at Alessi holsters. The best of the best. Call now and get on the waiting list. I run a CQC/s with my USP compact. Basically I run that model because I'm in Colorado. open carry and concealed carry is fine here so the cqc/s fit the bill for me.

Another vote is for 5 Shot Leather. John Ralston does an unbelievable job as well. I use one of his belts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had hoped to pick up a Milt Sparks VM-II but apparently theres a 26 week turn around on them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. It'd be much simpler if I was running a 3.5" 1911 instead of a 5" - one of these days I'll get one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I carry a Springfield MC Opderator with 5" barrel in a Kirkpatrick Leather Texas Stong side holster. Comfortable with decent concealment. The holster, with a good belt, handles the heavy weight of the gun which is 43 oz unloaded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts