6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't tried it yet but I am a fixing to!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a rule I bore snake 3 passes immediately after the last round of the session. I clean them after when accuracy goes south & I can see copper build up with the bore scope. Using this stuff I will be cleaning after every session now. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ordered 4 packages of this stuff last week. Looking forward to trying it out. Looks like some delicate work to put it together, but that is the kind of stuff that I like.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
As a rule I bore snake 3 passes immediately after the last round of the session. I clean them after when accuracy goes south & I can see copper build up with the bore scope. Using this stuff I will be cleaning after every session now. Thanks for the reminder.
That won't do it when shooting corrosive primers. When you get home, boil a pot of water and pour it through the bore.

Reactions: earlytom

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That won't do it when shooting corrosive primers. When you get home, boil a pot of water and pour it through the bore.

I will. Thanks Bedlamite, good to know!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
guys, you can buy the stuff at lowes or home depot, well really any home and garden store. Well, maybe not the carbon but that is as simple as burning wood.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
For cleaning after using corrosive primers I know a guy that has used Windex with Vinegar to clean after shooting black powder. He squirts it down the barrel until it runs out the muzzle end, then soaks a couple of patches in it and runs them down the barrel followed by dry patches. The bore of his BPCR shines.

Reactions: Guts and earlytom

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For cleaning after using corrosive primers I know a guy that has used Windex with Vinegar to clean after shooting black powder. He squirts it down the barrel until it runs out the muzzle end, then soaks a couple of patches in it and runs them down the barrel followed by dry patches. The bore of his BPCR shines.
Thanks for the Tip Equalizer. I think I remember hearing about that in the distant past...

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
The website says it has a 20 year shelf life. I will play with the one package I bought as I do shoot black powder with musket caps. But my real intention is save it for the emergency time. So plan is to try it, if it works then buy some for storage.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
What "Stuff"?
the potassium and sulfur.

it’s literary stump remover, sulfur, and ground up wood that has been burnt (carbon). the mixture is flammable until you mix it with a liquid like acetone, and makes it workable and allows you to seat the anvil without going off

i think he uses aluminum powder to help with ignition on the potassium side of things

been looking at ways to reload primers for about 6 months, and just haven’t had time to do it yet.

there is ways to make non corrosive primer material as well but it requires a couple chemicals that you may or may not be able to obtain and are a little more dangerous to mix up and make

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hopefully the UN "peace keepers" will be using the same ammo as we are so use captured ammo ,if not just take their guns too .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
For cleaning, 10 percent ballistol and 90 percent water works well. Has worked in the old ak for years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the potassium and sulfur.

it’s literary stump remover, sulfur, and ground up wood that has been burnt (carbon). the mixture is flammable until you mix it with a liquid like acetone, and makes it workable and allows you to seat the anvil without going off

i think he uses aluminum powder to help with ignition on the potassium side of things

been looking at ways to reload primers for about 6 months, and just haven’t had time to do it yet.

there is ways to make non corrosive primer material as well but it requires a couple chemicals that you may or may not be able to obtain and are a little more dangerous to mix up and make
Actually the wood is cooked not burned. Think charcoal, not ash.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts