1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right across the river from the house.

Bullet manufacturer to build plant in West Virginia
Posted: May 31, 2016 9:53 AM EST Updated: May 31, 2016 4:30 PM EST
QUINCY, W.Va. (AP) - An ammunitions company has announced plans to build a factory in southern West Virginia and add 400 jobs.
Ranger Scientific officials said Tuesday the company has acquired 1,000 acres on a reclaimed mountaintop removal coal mine.
It says the $50 million facility will produce more than 500 million rounds of specialty rifle ammunition each year.
Ranger President and CEO Daniel Pearlson says the company chose West Virginia over six other states. According to media outlets, he says bullet manufacturing is expected to begin by 2018.
The company says the plant will mass produce "harmonically tuned" rifle ammunition, which is used in Olympic and other international competitions as well as by expert hunters and in specialized U.S. military applications. Those types of bullets reduce weapon vibration during firing.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Right across the river from the house.

Bullet manufacturer to build plant in West Virginia

Posted: May 31, 2016 9:53 AM EST Updated: May 31, 2016 4:30 PM EST
QUINCY, W.Va. (AP) - An ammunitions company has announced plans to build a factory in southern West Virginia and add 400 jobs.
Ranger Scientific officials said Tuesday the company has acquired 1,000 acres on a reclaimed mountaintop removal coal mine.
It says the $50 million facility will produce more than 500 million rounds of specialty rifle ammunition each year.
Ranger President and CEO Daniel Pearlson says the company chose West Virginia over six other states. According to media outlets, he says bullet manufacturing is expected to begin by 2018.
The company says the plant will mass produce "harmonically tuned" rifle ammunition, which is used in Olympic and other international competitions as well as by expert hunters and in specialized U.S. military applications. Those types of bullets reduce weapon vibration during firing.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Great news for Kanawha County and West Virginia!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kinda sucks though because where they're gonna build it is where i go to do my long range shooting, Oh well ill just have to find another place to shoot.
Not that they need to; but it might be an opportunity for Ranger to also develop a top-notch outdoor shooting range! Could be a great PR move.........

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's definitely enough room for it, they could easily build a 1500yd or better range in multiple directions. And yes it would be a great PR move, not only would they have a place to test their ammo but it could provide a place to have a membership type range.

·
Registered
121 Posts
There's definitely enough room for it, they could easily build a 1500yd or better range in multiple directions. And yes it would be a great PR move, not only would they have a place to test their ammo but it could provide a place to have a membership type range.
IMO, a membership range would be a huge draw for that area. Good roads coming into Kanawha County from all directions could yield a large group interest.

I'm sure you know how hard a long range place to shoot is to find! Got an undeveloped post-mined surface reclamation site near me that could do 1k yds easy. Just have to haul several shooters gear on a trailer to set up the right kind of stations for testing, etc....

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IMO, a membership range would be a huge draw for that area. Good roads coming into Kanawha County from all directions could yield a large group interest.

I'm sure you know how hard a long range place to shoot is to find! Got an undeveloped post-mined surface reclamation site near me that could do 1k yds easy. Just have to haul several shooters gear on a trailer to set up the right kind of stations for testing, etc....
Maybe if i can find the right person to email i will make that suggestion.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Yes! That would be a "dream" job that would have one looking forward to going to work every day!
Believe it or not, shooting 8 hrs a day, 5-7 days a week gets old also. Even when they provide your guns and ammo. It isn't that it is not enjoyable it just gets monotonous. Still it was the best job I ever had.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm curious on the backing of this "new" company that nobody's heard of that will make "the world's most accurate ammo" in a new 150k sqft "campus" facility on 1,000 acres.
Not being skeptical or suspicious, just curious.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
I'm curious on the backing of this "new" company that nobody's heard of that will make "the world's most accurate ammo" in a new 150k sqft "campus" facility on 1,000 acres.
Not being skeptical or suspicious, just curious.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-pearlson-7a057115

Ranger will initially produce 223/556 to 338 Lapua rifle ammunition; and highly precise 40, 45, 380 automatic, and 9mm handgun rounds. These rounds represent the highest profit margins and greatest customer demand. A wide variety of projectiles (bullets) will be made available in each caliber and load, initially from Sierra and Lapua. - See more at: http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/05/3...e-small-arms-ammunition/#sthash.om4z1Kfw.dpuf

http://www.rangerscientific.net

production to start in 2018

Ranger Scientific has exclusive patent pending technology to mass-produce rifle ammunition that's more than twice the accuracy of the highest quality "match grade" ammunition.

Like playing piano keys to match a tuning fork, customers use our "proof kits" to find the class of load that's more accurate than any other. We alone have the technology to make such ammunition cost effectively, and available off-the-shelf at retail and through military supply chains.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yea, I read that prior to posting. They don't say anything about the backing, or more importantly, who placed the orders for 500M rounds per year.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Yea, I read that prior to posting. They don't say anything about the backing, or more importantly, who placed the orders for 500M rounds per year.
I think the CEO is his own financial backing--- seems like he would have enough to pay for all the start up, especially if he has active mil contracts , and mil concracts in the works (like his profile says)

They dont appear to be selling 375 reaper ammo, so they should be OK :a26:
They are not required to divulge all their customer information to the public either---- you sound like a skeptic

I for one would love to see a new ammo manufacture pop up--- the more ammo the merrier for all of us.

With a monetary$ output the size they are claiming, if they indeed build and get the plant operational ...I would try them out in a heartbeat (as long as the pricing is reasonable) ....BUT they are claiming multiple patents and a new "revolutionary" type/way of manufacturing ammo ...their product could be fairly pricey

Just don't put in an order for a pre-buy until they are shipping ammo :a08:

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts
What I would like to know is how they could have harmonically tuned ammo. Tuned to what? The barrel? Each barrel is going to have different harmonics right?

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
What I would like to know is how they could have harmonically tuned ammo. Tuned to what? The barrel? Each barrel is going to have different harmonics right?
Yes--- from my understanding when you order from them you get a "test lot" of ammo to try in tour barrel for accuracy--- then you buy the ammo that works best for that gun---- its basicly custom loaded ammo --- initially the bullets are all made by lapua and sierria so ranger is just going to be a production/loading facility---- not sure they will make bullets or brass--- just load custom ammo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.