6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input on what rails y’all are using for a superlative arms set screw gas block. I’ve done a search on the forum but didn’t come up with much. I’ve got an arp 18” barrel. Most handguards descriptions say they are compatible with low pro blocks. Most rail ID dimensions look too small but would probably work if the area under the top pic rail is open. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
Looking for some input on what rails y’all are using for a superlative arms set screw gas block. I’ve done a search on the forum but didn’t come up with much. I’ve got an arp 18” barrel. Most handguards descriptions say they are compatible with low pro blocks. Most rail ID dimensions look too small but would probably work if the area under the top pic rail is open. Thanks
Using BCM KMR Hand Guards with no problems, also have one under a UTG Pro Super Slim on a pistol with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm using an Aero Precision quantum on a 358 Socom .875 gas block. I'm running both the Superlative and the Odin works gas blocks with this hand guard.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Using a Stynger on mine. I have a superlative. No issues with fitting. I dont know about my other guard since the gun is blowback.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Just ordered a bravo company rail before they are out of stock like everything else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the Stynger handguards. I have one one my 6.8 pistol build but it's a regular low profile gas block. Ossian I just got H's 18" fluted 6.8 barrel, I was thinking about going with a different handguard than the Quantum because the barrel profile is thinner than the one that I had. I'll probably start looking later today or tomorrow. What length rail did you decide to go with for your barrel?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the 15”. That was the only one in stock. I considered the 13” when bcm had them in stock. I’m glad I went with the 15. I have a 5.56 cmmg upper with the front sight post non free float, mid length gas, medium contour 1 in 8 twist chrome lined barrel. The drop in Midwest rail is about 10” long. I have pretty long arms and that length of rail is too short for extended off hand shooting sessions. The superlative arms block came with a 6” Allen wrench so shouldn’t be an issue adjusting it with the full length rail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts