6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I have a few questions concerning rails for the 6.8 guns.

For the new 09Xtreme if I have another rail in mind can I use it? And that leads to my other question, can you use any rail system like the AR15? Or is like the .308 models to where you have to use the the rail specified from the gun model. i.e. I have a dpms 6.8 so therefore I must and can only use a dpms rail system?

Im asking cause I really like the rail system that can cover the entire top of the gun all the way back to the ejection port. Do you guys know of any specific rail systems like that that you can recommend?

·
Registered
320 Posts
The 6.8 uses all the same AR- 15 parts less the bolt, barrel, and magazines. There are a ton of rail systems to choose from sounnds like you want the Vltor V-Cas system or the POF preditor rail setup. Any of those would woek on a 6.8 rifle.

Rhett in Az

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
sharpshooter08 said:

For the new 09Xtreme if I have another rail in mind can I use it? And that leads to my other question, can you use any rail system like the AR15? Or is like the .308 models to where you have to use the the rail specified from the gun model. i.e. I have a dpms 6.8 so therefore I must and can only use a dpms rail system?

Im asking cause I really like the rail system that can cover the entire top of the gun all the way back to the ejection port. Do you guys know of any specific rail systems like that that you can recommend?
PRI-mounts makes a great float tube out of carbon fiber and you can buy several different types and makes of rails from them that connect the tube to the upper receiver with a continous rail. They make the Mark 12 Model 0 which is my favorite.

borderpatrol

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
sharpshooter08 said:

If you want a monolithic upper look, the DD Lite Rails and Troy/Samson/MI rails are the ones you should check out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
paulosantos said:
If you want a monolithic upper look, the DD Lite Rails and Troy/Samson/MI rails are the ones you should check out.
+1 for the DD Lite, they don't go all the way to the ejection port like you suggested, but they truly are awesome rails. Well worth the $ IHMO.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Daniel Defense AR 15 Lite Rail for around $260.00. Put one on my DPMS AP4 5.56. Absolutely love it, rock solid construction and they claim its lighter than the stock plastic handgaurds.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will The DD Omega rail work on the Xtreme Upper? Ive been told the the DD rails can fit tight, is that true?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
sharpshooter08 said:
Will The DD Omega rail work on the Xtreme Upper? Ive been told the the DD rails can fit tight, is that true?
Yes, they will need the barrel nut and delta ring, but I would get a DD Lite Rail instead because you are starting from scratch. The DD Omega Rail is best when you just want to replace the standard handguards with a FF Rail that is easy to install.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so does the light rail give a monolithic touch or no? Thats why I was choosing the Omega rail as it does provide a monolithic rail to the gun.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Out of all DD's choices the lite gives the most monolithic look of all. I have an LMT MRP also and next to eachother the DD lite rail looks damn close to the real monolithic set-up. That is why i chose the DD lite, it seems like it installs much more solid than others IMO.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome thanks for the input guys I will be going with a DD Lite rail!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts