6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to think we built that border wall on the wrong border:confused:...There sure is a LOT of unfriendly people coming in and they ain't coming up from the south, AND
I'm betting that China ain't going to let us hunt on all that land their buying here.
What do y'all think?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am seriously contemplating a move to Texas. My wife and I can at least offset one family of liberals who are trying to ruin the state (and the nation).

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was raised in East Texas and currently in west. Lots of people are really concerned. After working in Healthcare for a long time, most of the adult generation coming from Mexico are pretty conservative people. High work ethic and solid family values, they often don't consider the free stuff they get as hand outs because they are actively working to better themselves. On the other hand our people expect it and now demand it. Texas will go blue within 2 election cycles if other like minded people don't move here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There sure seem to be lots of folks from blue states moving in. The prediction of 2 election cycles may be right at this rate.
The CA people I’ve met who have moved here to Texas are conservatives who finally escaped.
i know others still behind enemy lines who can’t wait to move here and be free.

·
Registered
14,090 Posts
One thing for sure, there are a couple of morons from Texas in Congress. One just submitted a bill saying you must wait 7 days before you can pick up your armor piercing ammo.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
The ones who move to escape don't move to Austin. Big tech is coming to Texas for the lower taxes and cost of living and bringing all the tech kids with them. They will start new families and preach the Dem way to their kids because city folks know everything. I wonder what all the city dwelling dems would do if all the republicans that raise their food and feed them quit doing it?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was raised in East Texas and currently in west. Lots of people are really concerned. After working in Healthcare for a long time, most of the adult generation coming from Mexico are pretty conservative people. High work ethic and solid family values, they often don't consider the free stuff they get as hand outs because they are actively working to better themselves. On the other hand our people expect it and now demand it. Texas will go blue within 2 election cycles if other like minded people don't move here.
I think you are right about the 2 election cycles from what I am seeing, if elections will even be relevant any more.
What really troubles me is watching family ranches that have stood for generations fall to bankruptcy only to be subdivided into liberal communities.
In my area we got the first wave of people from Cali about 10 years ago. At first they seemed to be very conservative but after they had been here a while they started getting involved in local politics running for political offices... school board, county and precinct offices, mayors, ect. When they started to win it didn't take long for their leftist inclinations to become quit obvious.

Reactions: Guts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One thing for sure, there are a couple of morons from Texas in Congress. One just submitted a bill saying you must wait 7 days before you can pick up your armor piercing ammo.
We have more than our share of political morons.
edit: I don't mind waiting a day or 7 for my armor piercing ammo;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
He is just looking out for you. 7 days gets you time to properly plan and prepare your assault on whatever armored target you plan to go up against. Just prudence lol..

·
Registered
14,090 Posts
He is just looking out for you. 7 days gets you time to properly plan and prepare your assault on whatever armored target you plan to go up against. Just prudence lol..
She..lala Jackson. She's right there with the guy from Georgia that thinks Guam will capsize if we put to many troops at the military base we have there.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
in TX all the major cities have been liberal for years, just look at their problems

Reactions: DDriller

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Don't even get me started....I think the train has left the station and is on its way. Has not arrived yet but on its way non the less.

Much if it is due to companies and people moving here from California and bringing their same ideas and voteing habits with them. I run into them all the time and when I try to point out don't California Texas they dont get it.

There is some hope with the current Texans moving out of urban to rural because of bad politics within the urban areas. They either choose to long commute into the city or mangaed to aquire a virtual based position.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't even get me started....I think the train has left the station and is on its way. Has not arrived yet but on its way non the less.

Much if it is due to companies and people moving here from California and bringing their same ideas and voteing habits with them. I run into them all the time and when I try to point out don't California Texas they dont get it.

There is some hope with the current Texans moving out of urban to rural because of bad politics within the urban areas. They either choose to long commute into the city or mangaed to aquire a virtual based position.
The massive influx of people and the gentrification of suburban Tx is bringing a huge burden of mortgage debt that is bundled and sold on the global market. The amount of cookie cutter mansions springing up seeming over night is staggering. I am not sure there is a market economy that can support such development on the long term.
...and to complicate things worse is the amount of drugs flowing into the state from the north along the 287/81 corridor to feed the appetite of this surge of new people. Yes, Thats right, drugs coming from the north not up from the southern border!!

·
Registered
8,840 Posts
When I lived in Utah my next door neighbor worked for Social Services providing support for people in need. We had a lot of people moving into our area that left high paying jobs in Kommifornia and jobs in our area were low paying in comparison. My neighbor told me that when people came in that at some point he would ask them why they left Kalifornia and they would say they left so they didn't want to raise their kids in an environment of sex, crime and drugs. He said that invariably before they left they would ask what stores had the cheapest cigarettes and alcohol and who had the best selection of girly magazines.

Just shows that they don't change their wants and ways just because they move. Near here there is a small community that is run like a Kommifornia community with rules about house colors, what trees you can or cannot cut, etc. Another small community had a meeting and there was a group that wanted to do the same to their community. The old timers told them no, and if they wanted all that stuff to move to the other community because they were not changing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yessir, I feel you brother. Most California "Conservatives" are moderate leftists at best and more often than not will destroy your small town communities. We're starting to get that bullshit cosmopolitanism in my town.

Soon the Houston Singularity will consume us all...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts