6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I done some Google searching and also on the forum but I am not seeing an answer to the question I have about changing out handguards so here it is:

Drumroll please.........

When you are changing handguards out and have to change the barrel nut do you also have to reseat the barrel in the upper or can you remove the old barrel nut and then just place the new one on and torque to the appropriate specification?

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
No reseating needed. However, IF you've had to crank your sights way over to one side to get on paper, you'd probably want to square the receiver with a lapping tool while it's apart.

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
So I done some Google searching and also on the forum but I am not seeing an answer to the question I have about changing out handguards so here it is:

Drumroll please.........

When you are changing handguards out and have to change the barrel nut do you also have to reseat the barrel in the upper or can you remove the old barrel nut and then just place the new one on and torque to the appropriate specification?
There is no need to remove the barrel, just remove the nut, install the new one and torque to specs.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. I kind of figured that but wanted to get confirmation. I just bought 3 of the Matrix handguards in 15" so that I have a more covered look for when I add the suppressors. Can't wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts