6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
My son went to Academy just the other day, and they had all AR's pulled from the shelf.

Sent from a final firing position, the crosshairs are on you!

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Way to go DD, I for one will no longer shop at academy stores. Best way to send a message is hurt their profits.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Thumbs up, I love my DD 68 Ambush, that's were reloading bottle neck and now building got started with me..

·
Administrator
22,084 Posts
Such it will be, more and more in an urban setting, wishing to appease the libtards who make up the majority of cities. Can't fault DD for the move. No one should sell any firearm to a libtard, forcing them to consider abstaining from hypocrisy when they think before casting a vote.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Way to go DD, I for one will no longer shop at academy stores. Best way to send a message is hurt their profits.
Me too, and in turn, will buy more DD stuff. Remember a while back there was a guy from DD on here... wonder if he's still around. I'd like to hear his insider comments on the matter.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Just sent this to Academy, feel free to use my words.

To Here, https://academy.custhelp.com/app/ask

To whom it may concern,

I am very disappointed in your recent policy to hide all your "AR style" rifles and related items from your store shelf's nationwide. I understand that you want to be seen as a family friendly atmosphere, but you are sending a wrong message to our youth. By your actions with this new policy, you are saying that the "gun" is the problem and not the person pulling the trigger. Again demonizing the object and not the person committing the crime.

Guns Don't Kill, People Kill.

I would also like to take this time to notify you as a result of your new policy I will no longer be shopping at any of your locations. Academy has been a great resource for all my sporting and outdoor needs, however since you obviously do not support the proper gun education of our youth I cannot support your company. Even if you reverse this new policy, you have shown your true colors and the damage has been done.

Sincerely,

·
Super Moderator
1,432 Posts
screw em.

<I am disappointed to hear you have decided to hide your MSRs "behind the counter" in light of the terrorist attack in Orlando. Shame on you. I will no longer spend my money at Academy but rather with retailers that recognize the true threat. The people that are "scared" of MSR style weapons would never be caught in that area of your stores anyhow. Shame on you. I will shop elsewhere, even if it costs me a few dollars more. I will also advise my family members who shop with you to do the same.>

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
My note just sent:

Based upon your "Updated MSR Advertising/Display Guidelines" I will no longer be shopping in your stores. I've purchased firearms from you in the past, as well as archery supplies and general outdoor sports equipment and supplies. I'm very disappointed to hear of your caving in to misguided liberal talking points about "dangerous guns". EVERY gun owner should be able to boldly explain that it's not the gun that's to blame but the nut behind the trigger ... or even more clearly, that the problem in Orlando was Islamic Jihad, not the weapon used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts