6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Haven't kept up with primers, but, have noticed the 100% price increases of last year.....have melted away. Stripped lowers are around at $50. Taurus 2c2 was up to $359 now back down to around $212. Other gun items will also reflect the "normalization" of the jacked up scalping prices.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm not going to to pay those prices but not going to get mad at businesses for charging what the market is willing to pay. It's a for profit business not charity.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haven't kept up with primers, but, have noticed the 100% price increases of last year.....have melted away. Stripped lowers are around at $50. Taurus 2c2 was up to $359 now back down to around $212. Other gun items will also reflect the "normalization" of the jacked up scalping prices.
The few times I've seen primers the last little while, the prices were still inflated, about 100%. It's starting to look like it might be some time before primers become readily available, and much longer for them to settled down price wise.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I got 1,000 CCI #41 from Midway the last week of July for $90 plus tax and hazardous shipping fee. I had them bookmarked on my phone and checked almost every day for over 2 months. When the website shows them in stock, you need to place the order right then.
I wondering what the shelf life would in a dehumidified room.
Longer than anyone alive today will know . I found primers that were in a wood box in top of my un heated or cooled shop that had been there for at least 25 years and they go bang as good as new

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk
Priming compound is made with water and this allows it to be worked with and make it safe for the workers. Once it is dry it is then potentially explosive if not handled correctly. As long as you keep oil away from primers they will be fine. I got my hands on some large rifle primers that were loose and had been left out in the rain. Once they were dry they seemed to work just fine. The manufacturers also store their powder in water until ready to package, they then dry it out and package it for sale.

·
Super Moderator
1,668 Posts
I don't remember, it was 5mos ago...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts