6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the general consensus is that there is nothing to be had BUT, I’d like to ask if anyone has seen pistol or rifle primers anywhere OR, would anyone be willing to trade their primers for ??

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have been able to get some small rifle in central MN but the price is way up there!

·
Registered
126 Posts
They can be found occasionally around Charlotte, NC. Have seen them fairly often but still sporadically at Hyatt's. Mostly LRP and LPP, very few SRP and SPP to be found.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I meeting someone tomorrow and apparently he aquired a large lot of reloading stuff from a family member who passed away and said there are about "10 brick sized boxes and lots of brass". Just wants to offload them.

If it works out I would be willing to share the score. But only if he accepts a well below regular cost if lot purchased.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I meeting someone tomorrow and apparently he aquired a large lot of reloading stuff from a family member who passed away and said there are about "10 brick sized boxes and lots of brass". Just wants to offload them.

If it works out I would be willing to share the score. But only if he accepts a well below regular cost if lot purchased.
Count me in.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Would love to join in if possible

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
He had primers but not sure if they are still good. Was stored in a climate controlled and dark place but they are atleast 4 years old. Going to test a few and see if they go bang.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
He had primers but not sure if they are still good. Was stored in a climate controlled and dark place but they are atleast 4 years old. Going to test a few and see if they go bang.
4 years old is no problem. I'm still using Winchester white box primers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
They likely are if in a climate controlled environment. Let us know. Definitely want some of them if they're working. Thanks for the update Wassman.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
4 years old is no problem. I'm still using Winchester white box primers.
Ya but no telling if they where always in climate control, especally over 4 years and handed around. The reloaded passed away 2 years ago and the seller thinks they are 4 years old.

I did find some really old primers well before Winchester white box.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I found primers in an ammo box that had been in the top of my shop for at least 10 years . The temperature ranges from 130 in summer ( metal roof ) to below freezing in winter. I have shot hundreds of them with not one problem . If you are leary of them I will be glad to test them for you .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I found primers in an ammo box that had been in the top of my shop for at least 10 years . The temperature ranges from 130 in summer ( metal roof ) to below freezing in winter. I have shot hundreds of them with not one problem . If you are leary of them I will be glad to test them for you .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk
I am more worried about our high humidity, our summer normally stays above 90%. One of those things you never know what someone else did especally when that someone is not a reloader and had possession for over 2 years.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Should be fine. South Louisiana humidity hasn’t killed some I’ve shot that are around 20 years old.

If you end up with them I’d be interested in some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have surplus Nato 7.62 30 years old that I am slowly shooting the last of. It goes bang every time. It's the 6.8s and Tac6 we can't shoot without primers. Guess we can reload primers if we have to. I will definitely be down for some if you get them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is there any extra charge for shipping primers to and fro?

·
Registered
941 Posts
lol you guys are amateurs! I have some primers that I think I have had since the late 70's and I still load with them and they are still going bang. some were stored in who knows where for the 4 years I was overseas.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
I have primers that are a least 35 years old that work fine. They have not been in a climate controlled space, just on a shelf in the garage. I also have some 157 shotgun primers that are so old they don't even make the size anymore.

Reactions: Chopperdrvr
1 - 20 of 26 Posts