6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large batch of tulammo magnum. small pistol primers , has anyone tried them in the small primers for 6.8 cases? and or what was your results? I just picked up a batch of FC 6.8 cases(and they are small primered and the primers are crimped it). I"m drilling out the crimp now.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Bad idea. Pistol primers are generally more sensitive, and you may end up with a slam fire. Also, cup thickness may be too thin and you could pierce primers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
primers in 6.8SPC

I have a batch of FC 6.8 cases(small primer hole) and tried using tulammo small pistol magnum primers. with 23gr's of h-4198 and the 130 gr. pb bullet there was no accuracy at 25 yards. with my load of 21-22 gr's of H-4198 with a GC 130 bullet the shots where on the paper only a group a shot gun person could love. There where no priced primers and none really ?flat. but I don['t think i"ll try it again. just an update of my latest malfunction! again, I"m not impressed with the plane base bullets for the 6.8

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I have a batch of FC 6.8 cases(small primer hole) and tried using tulammo small pistol magnum primers. with 23gr's of h-4198 and the 130 gr. pb bullet there was no accuracy at 25 yards. with my load of 21-22 gr's of H-4198 with a GC 130 bullet the shots where on the paper only a group a shot gun person could love. There where no priced primers and none really ?flat. but I don['t think i"ll try it again. just an update of my latest malfunction! again, I"m not impressed with the plane base bullets for the 6.8
DO NOT USE PISTOL PRIMERS IN THE 6.8, PERIOD! They cannot handle the pressures that the 6.8 operates at. You are courting disaster if you continue to do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts