6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I have been investigating whether a 6.8 SPC AR makes sense for me when I came across this thread. That is why this is my first post.

I am leaning towards replacing my primary deer rifle, a Browning 1885 in .243 Winchester, with an AR in 6.8.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PSA has a good 6.8 rifle kit 18" SS CHF barrel and a good affordable 16" stripped 6.8 upper.

The 6.8 SPC is a great cartridge. But also keep the .243 is my advice, I RARELY sell rifles because I get them after massive research and when I can get them.

PS

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. The .243 Winchester Browning 1885 will be staying in the safe as it and the Leupold scope it wears were a Christmas gift from my wife many years ago. I just want something with more capacity than a single-shot, not so much for deer but for coyotes.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any one's Troy folding sight have any wiggliness or "play" when in locked up position from this sale?

Where the locking mechanism is nice and locked up rock solid but the rear folding part of the sight is wiggly or loose on its own?

I talked to PSA about this, they said try contacting Troy and stuff. Oh don't get me wrong PSA did say they would refund my order, but I want a WORKING troy folding sight for a scope upgrade later. So far nothing from Troy about this.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Any one's Troy folding sight have any wiggliness or "play" when in locked up position from this sale?

Where the locking mechanism is nice and locked up rock solid but the rear folding part of the sight is wiggly or loose on its own?

I talked to PSA about this, they said try contacting Troy and stuff. Oh don't get me wrong PSA did say they would refund my order, but I want a WORKING troy folding sight for a scope upgrade later. So far nothing from Troy about this.
I am confused! Why would you contact PSA for an item you purchased at Primary Arms?

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did they said to contact Troy about fixing it. I been trying to get a hold of troy but far no good.

But would give a refund if I wanted to go that route.

·
Registered
4 Posts

My samples exhibit no play when in the upright position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts