6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this scope on my Scar 17 since day 1. It has roughly 1500 rounds of use. Today while out shooting after about 25 rounds all of a sudden something went wrong. At first I thought maybe my front scope cap fell down and was restricting my vision, looked up and it was still on. Something internally came undone. It cut my shooting short since the scar was the only rifle I brought with me. I have heard reports of optics failing on the scar 17 because of the recoil impulse, I thought it was all just internet rumors until today. Im not sure what it is but here are some pictures. Luckily the website says it has a 3 year warranty, so we will see how this gets taken care of. Whatever it is that came loose is threaded, anyone have an idea?

·
Super Moderator
1,432 Posts
I'm sure they'll take care of you. PA has solid customer service. Sorry to hear about the scope, I have the same one.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'm gonna agree with Greentick I'm sure they'll do something. Please update us on their response time to your email / phone call and the resolution.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do. I'm going to call them on Tuesday and see what they say.
I sent the old one back on their dime and I'm supposed to have a new one at my door tomorrow. No questions asked. It's always good when a company stands behind their products.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
that is why I do a lot of shopping at PA. They have a reputation for stellar customer service. Also why I buy Vortex optics when possible they have taken care of me with no problems as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts