6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding Barrett 30-rd and new PRI 25.

Disregarding the coal length restrictions, which mag would you pick and why. Mainly concerned about reliability durability and feeding. I have both, they both are high quality, but I haven't put either through hard use.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm interested in this too. Hell, I'd settle for a mag that actually worked. Seems the only ones that work reliably are steel and made specifically for the six8.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I'm interested in this too. Hell, I'd settle for a mag that actually worked. Seems the only ones that work reliably are steel and made specifically for the six8.
Best are PRI and Barret, PRI for longer COL. Good reports on ASC and CPD Defense for cheaper (CPD on latest generation). Never could see skimping $20-25 on a $1200+ rifle.

By the way, there sre only steel mags for 6.8 and polymer for six8 so no idea what you are buying.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had problems with multiple generations of CPD. Used to get excited about new CPD generations, but I always seem to have one issue or another. Very much a let down. That's why I've stuck to Barrett or PRI.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
If you not worried about COAL,then go for the Barrett. Other wise both are solid options

CPD and ASC mags are cheaper and I have found you have a 50/50 chance on getting one that will function properly. I know ASC is really good with customer service and if you let them know they will exchange it out no questions asked. Or you can try tweaking the lips and mag body yourself to aid in feeding.

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Yes, the ones that work are made of steel and designed expecially for the 6.8. Aluminum is too thick to allow for the proper inside dimensions needed for the fatter cartridge. SS is stronger and thinner. 6.8 will not feed from a 5.56 magazine if you put more than 3 or 4 rounds in them. Again, they need to have the wider inside dimension to feed properly.
I use the ASC mags for higher capacity and the cheap D&H mags from Palmetto State and never have any mag problems. I guess I am just lucky that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts