6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with pri mags not feeding or cycling properly. The first mag failed to eject every round and the second mag wouldn't even load a round. My AR stoner mag ran almost flawlessly. There was one failure to eject but it ran perfectly the rest of the time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use PRI and Barrett mags and have never had a problem with them other than when you get new PRI mags, they have an anti rust coating of some type on them and inside the mag that would make the follower stick.
I took mine apart, cleaned off the coating with Gunscrubber. Clean the outside, inside, follower and spring. I very lightly wiped them all down with Ballistol and reassemble. Been flawless ever since.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am a repeat customer of PRI, if I had a problem with their products I would try to get satisfaction from them. Aside from good tips like mtl111 gave you, we can't make it right for you. Give them a chance to fix it before you post here. If they won't make you whole after contacting them then let us know. Be nice, it gets you farther...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was being nice I was just trying to see if anyone had a similar experience that could she some light on the subject. I wasn't trying to trash them.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I'm sure someone else has had issues with PRI mags, but they are considered the top quality brand of mags for the 6.8SPC. Considering both mags failed to function properly in your rifle, there may be another problem besides the mags. You can make an adjustment to the angle of the follower by bending the spring to point the bullet upward slightly. You could have gotten 2 bad mags and PRI will make them good. I hope you get it resolved.

·
Super Moderator
11,888 Posts
Are you shooting factory loads or hand loads? I have noticed that PRI mags will not accept as long an OAL as some. If you load longer and your cartridges are too long this could be the problem.

Reactions: Javery83

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you shooting factory loads or hand loads? I have noticed that PRI mags will not accept as long an OAL as some. If you load longer and your cartridges are too long this could be the problem.
They are factory. It seems like the issue is the tips aren't pointed up enough. I'll send them an email and see what they say.

·
Super Moderator
11,888 Posts
They are factory. It seems like the issue is the tips aren't pointed up enough. I'll send them an email and see what they say.
There are several threads on tweaking feed lips. Might be a better fix and quicker than having to send them back.

Reactions: Javery83

·
Registered
119 Posts
Take them apart and clean them. If that doesn't help then you may need to tweak the feed lips as others have said. Cleaning fixed my issues and function perfectly with all brands and type of.ammo used. I would try something before sending them back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
809 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try a different lower, some lowers will leave your rounds sitting lower to the feed ramps, Anderson is one of them

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I adjusted the spring and feedlips on the mags. They both chambered properly. I just got to fire them now

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good deal, I had a similar issue where my pri mags would cause a slight bullet movement on cycling the port side of the mag and after measuring I found the Anderson lower was the culprit. Switched to an aero and the issue was resolved . If you have accuracy issues keep an eye on your bullets as they feed up and through the ramp and if you have a way to measure btogive give it a check and see if your getting movement . You might already know but In case you didn’t I wanted to throw that out there for ya

1 - 16 of 16 Posts