6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of 5 and 10 round PRI 6.8 mags for hunting that let me load out to 2.285/2.290 and work reliably; can someone tell me the PRI 15's and 25 round magazines are as reliable as the lesser round mags and load out as far??
I have a couple of 30 round Barrettes that work but I can't load out to where I want to be..

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
They all will allow loading out to 2.29 or 2.295. The Gen 3 are more reliable than Gen 2 but not as reliable as the Gen 1s. There are some tweaks that you can do to the springs and feed lips if needed to make them work better. Seems like it is or was a sticky in my industry area.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They all will allow loading out to 2.29 or 2.295. The Gen 3 are more reliable than Gen 2 but not as reliable as the Gen 1s. There are some tweaks that you can do to the springs and feed lips if needed to make them work better. Seems like it is or was a sticky in my industry area.
Thanks constructor, I'v been wanting to try them... and I have had to tweeak (bend a little) on one of them but all's good.
Thank's again for what yea do. and as soon as this 100-F weather eases up I'll share a picture of what one of your 22" barrels can do.. Bad Azz:a31:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I received the Unimag in the mail; it’s been hotter weather than I want to get out and shoot in to try it out but I did play with it some, it’s very tight in my DD magwell, you have to pull pretty hard to get it out, Spikes and M&P seem to have a little more room but still won’t drop out with the push of the button.
I did load a few 6.8’s at 2.283/2.288 coal and could easily slide a 0.020 feeler gauge down in front of the rounds.
Hand racked a half a dozen 68 round through and had to slam the mag to get them to pick up but after the first the rest fed and ejected ok.
It was tuff to get 30 .556 in to it but they went.
Over all for the 6.8 maybe with a little needle nose pliers lip work and the longer loading out coal it should be a keeper, expensive but if I can get 20/25 reliable rounds at the coal’s I like I’ll probably be adding more..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts