6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea what this will mean? Cannot really find anything much about it or see where much of anything has changed. Sounds like hot air to me.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Anyone have any idea what this will mean? Cannot really find anything much about it or see where much of anything has changed. Sounds like hot air to me.
Mostly nothing. It will make it harder for those under 21. You will probably see more red flag laws pop up too, since they are offering states money for it.

·
Super Moderator
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But as a dealer, I am sitting here now not knowing whether I can sell an AR to someone under 21. I could before this new law but now I don't know. Cannot find any actual language that explains any of it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The Bill / Law: Text - S.2938 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Bipartisan Safer Communities Act

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. But after a quick scan of the bill, it looks like it adds text to provide up to 10 additional days for a background check for those under 21 so additional data sources can be reviewed / consulted. So, it looks like all the dealer has to do is wait until the background check clears, which means a person under 21 may have to wait longer.

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
There are more restrictions but the main parts are that they pulled the normal knee jerk emotional reaction and can say they did something. Depending on the state the Sheriffs will just refuse to comply with the illegal Red Flag laws even with the communists running the state.

Reactions: Ratdog68

·
Registered
762 Posts
I hope someone in a blue state gets red flagged and sues over it. This needs to go to the SCOTUS for review. Can’t just deny someone rights with no due process. It’s a slippery slope and the 1A is next in line.

·
Super Moderator
12,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I hope someone in a blue state gets red flagged and sues over it. This needs to go to the SCOTUS for review. Can’t just deny someone rights with no due process. It’s a slippery slope and the 1A is next in line.
Please fill me in on any red flag legislation that passed. To my knowledge there was none. I only saw the Feds offering bribes to the states in hopes they would pass some form of it. I guess I missed something in the new "law"?

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
I know that WA and NM have Red Flag laws, I believe that CO also does. Not sure what other states do. The bribes are for states that don't currently have red flag laws to pass them and then to make life as miserable as possible for gun owners. The Communists that passed the newest legislation knew that they couldn't get the support for a national/Federal red flag law so trying to bribe as many states as possible. As far as talking about bribes for votes a great example is here in NM our dictator is working very hard to buy votes as her and the communists running the state just "conveniently" passed legislation to provide free college tuition, free child care, and up to $1500 per NM taxpayer. All this after the crap that they pulled with the Covid lockdowns.
Brandon is already forecasting another "pandemic" this fall. Bet we have problems starting about mid October when the mail-in voting starts.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
There are currently 19 states with varying Red Flag laws
It worked so well in Buffalo after he chopped up the cat, posted pics of his face with blood splatter, and made threats.

·
Registered
680 Posts
From my perspective the so called 'Red Flag Laws' fall into the category of "Unreasonable Search and Seizure" if they are done without a search warrant being issued beforehand. If the warrant if issued with nothing more than a phone call from a 'frightened' or anonymous person, the warrant would be issued without 'just cause'.

Once the firearms are confiscated, then the burden of proof that the firearm owner is not a danger to themselves or others fall upon the firearm owner. The firearm owner of the confiscated weapons then has to prove a negative. Proving a negative is a virtual impossibility.

The whole 'Red Flag' law scenario is nothing more than a scheme to harass law abiding firearm owners and will have a near zero effect on stopping mass shootings and will likely even lead to an increase in crime.

·
Registered
487 Posts
From my perspective the so called 'Red Flag Laws' fall into the category of "Unreasonable Search and Seizure" if they are done without a search warrant being issued beforehand. If the warrant if issued with nothing more than a phone call from a 'frightened' or anonymous person, the warrant would be issued without 'just cause'.

Once the firearms are confiscated, then the burden of proof that the firearm owner is not a danger to themselves or others fall upon the firearm owner. The firearm owner of the confiscated weapons then has to prove a negative. Proving a negative is a virtual impossibility.

The whole 'Red Flag' law scenario is nothing more than a scheme to harass law abiding firearm owners and will have a near zero effect on stopping mass shootings and will likely even lead to an increase in crime.
My take is it violates a few protected rights.

Obviously the 2nd, as well as the right to due process. Also the right confront your accuser, and clearly the right to be protected from unreasonable search and seizure.

Ultimately I don't feel they can be made to be Constitutional without due process and the ability to not only confront the accuser, but have serious recourse for frivolous and malicious actions.

The police are used as weapons frequently in disputes to do the dirty work of evil hearted humans. Humans lie and give false witness everyday.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mk 19 Grenade Launcher / Gunnery Exercises - YouTube

My best friend joined the Army National Guard (Ohio) when he was 18, right out of highs school. I remember him specifically telling myself and some of our friends about his training on the MK19 automatic grenade launcher, especially a FTF, because as soon as that primer is hit, the round is hot even if the powder doesn't ignite.

You basically eject the round immediately and if you can't, you run! The idiocy of this gun control legislation is beyond words. 18 years can join the Army, Marines etc. and operate automatic grenade launchers drive tanks (he was navigator of a M1A1 in Iraq as he was 19Kilo)...but they can't drink bear or buy a rifle? WTFuzzy!!!!

I think this is a great illustration about the wickedness of politicians. Sure some of them are actually dumb enough to believe in "gun control", but we all know that some of them are literally tyrants always looking for an angle to seize more power. It's just about control.

·
Registered
185 Posts
In my opinion from observation, most politicians know nothing about firearms. Neither do they know or care about the Constitution nor do they seem to know the very basics of economics. In other words, they are totally incompetent for the job they have. Many are lying bastards on top of all that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mk 19 Grenade Launcher / Gunnery Exercises - YouTube

My best friend joined the Army National Guard (Ohio) when he was 18, right out of highs school. I remember him specifically telling myself and some of our friends about his training on the MK19 automatic grenade launcher, especially a FTF, because as soon as that primer is hit, the round is hot even if the powder doesn't ignite.

You basically eject the round immediately and if you can't, you run! The idiocy of this gun control legislation is beyond words. 18 years can join the Army, Marines etc. and operate automatic grenade launchers drive tanks (he was navigator of a M1A1 in Iraq as he was 19Kilo)...but they can't drink bear or buy a rifle? WTFuzzy!!!!

I think this is a great illustration about the wickedness of politicians. Sure some of them are actually dumb enough to believe in "gun control", but we all know that some of them are literally tyrants always looking for an angle to seize more power. It's just about control.

I would have thought the grenades in the Mk 19 would have been armed by rotation like other 40mm grenades.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts