6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm living in PA right now, but there is a very good chance that I will be moving back to where I'm from, NYS. Of course, NYS has their own little AWB. Forgive me for my ignorance, this is my first post on here, I just learned of the existence of the 6.8, but is there such thing as "pre-ban" magazines for the 6.8?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
PAGunner said:
Hey guys, I'm living in PA right now, but there is a very good chance that I will be moving back to where I'm from, NYS. Of course, NYS has their own little AWB. Forgive me for my ignorance, this is my first post on here, I just learned of the existence of the 6.8, but is there such thing as "pre-ban" magazines for the 6.8?
Shouldn't be since I believe the 6.8 SPC was developed after the AWB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:YSW ... cd=5&gl=us

I found this:

"Conversion kits consisting of a new magazine body and replacement follower are available from MSTN to convert your old pre-ban AR15 5.56mm magazines to be 6.8-compatible, also in the 15 and 25-round capacities. This works just like Armalite's deal for AR10 conversion kits.[1]"

Now I'm really confused, I thought a new "magazine body" was considered the magazine itself and that couldn't be replaced, just springs and followers?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I believe NY has the 10 Rounder rule. If so, you have to use the PRI or C-Products 10 Rounders. The are no Pre-Ban 6.8SPC mags.

·
Registered
21 Posts
PAGunner said:
http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:YSWbLNYbP_gJ:demigodllc.com/68faq+6.8spc+pre-ban+magazine&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

I found this:

"Conversion kits consisting of a new magazine body and replacement follower are available from MSTN to convert your old pre-ban AR15 5.56mm magazines to be 6.8-compatible, also in the 15 and 25-round capacities. This works just like Armalite's deal for AR10 conversion kits.[1]"

Now I'm really confused, I thought a new "magazine body" was considered the magazine itself and that couldn't be replaced, just springs and followers?

but conversion of the mag alters it from the preban state and makes it illegal to own. it had to exist in said condition before the ban and not be modified.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had never been able to find pre-bans. Im in NY so im stuck with the 10 rounders. A guy at the local gun shop tried selling my friend a bunch of pre-ban 5.56 30rd mags and told him he could use them with the 6.8, he called and was very excited until I told him no. :lol: I ordered 20 round mags that are lanced to 10rds. and was told that they could be modified to hold the 20 rounds it was intended for but they have yet to arrive so we will see!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
jbone said:
... I ordered 20 round mags that are lanced to 10rds. and was told that they could be modified to hold the 20 rounds it was intended for but they have yet to arrive so we will see!
Sounds rather illegal. Is it worth it considering the penalties if you get caught? :shock:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Zippy said:
jbone said:
... I ordered 20 round mags that are lanced to 10rds. and was told that they could be modified to hold the 20 rounds it was intended for but they have yet to arrive so we will see!
Sounds rather illegal. Is it worth it considering the penalties if you get caught? :shock:
Yup, an extra 10 rounds in the magazine is not worth an E Felony prosecution in this commie shithole of a state. I take solace in the fact that 10 rounds of 6.8 is at least equal to 20 rounds of 5.56. :wink:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Some regions may categorize the base plate as legally being the "magazine." Kind of like the AR-15 lower receiver is the "firearm."

I've wondered about this too, but have never found a definitive answer.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
dlance13 said:
Move to Texas and don't worry about that chit. :D
Or any state that wont infringe on your constitutional right...

i refuse to live in any state where I cant own full capacity mags...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts