6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Don't know about their case trimmer but the primer pocket uniformer is good.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Not sure how old the company is. I came across a mini-review at the other site.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=9&t=675826

I just got off the phone with Eric at Possum Hollow and he said that all I needed to do was mail him a fired case so he could get the proper angles and such needed to make the trimmer. Cost was $20.
I think that I'll do just that and give it a try. I'm all for a reasonably priced, quality trimmer that's easy to use.

:)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Man I don't remember how much my Redding 2400 Lathe was but it was a hell of a lot more then $20. It tend to think I would have been happier with modifying a electric drill with a turn knob instead of the trigger and built a jig for it and then uses something like these and other attachments to process my brass.

Tim

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did this thread ever go any where? I have a .223 trimmer and this would be the cat's meow for the 6.8.
Possible group buy?

Gary

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ok, you guys are going to kick my ass here. I got one of the possum hollows in 6.8spc. It just so happens I called them at the exact time he was making 3 for someone else. I ask about it, he goes "are you the guy I'm making these three for?". I said No. He said well if you want one lets do it now.

Took all of 3 days to get it..

·
Registered
142 Posts
BowDude said:
Did this thread ever go any where? I have a .223 trimmer and this would be the cat's meow for the 6.8.
Possible group buy?

Gary
Maybe if we could get 20-30 we might get a small break but its still small potatoes in quantity and price point so I'm almost afraid to ask.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just called and the guy answered the phone. I would call instead of emailing.

Tim_W the trimmer is close to a 4 flute center-cutting end mill. This cutter is held in place by a set screw (which I have not taken apart yet) but I assume the cutting tool is tapped as well so as the set screw threads into the cutter to set the depth.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used these before I got a DILLON 1200B

they work really well. sinclair sells them

I called possum hollow when I first started reloading 6.8 and they said they weren't making a 6.8

....sounds like I need to make another call. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
I called, left a voicemail.

He called me back and said he had a 6.8 on the shelf.

$27.50 shipped.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well sounds like we need to get him to make a few more. Honestly its to much of a PITA to organize a large order to get a discount of a few dollars. But him knowing he has 10+ orders will movietave him to make more I am sure given he did so for only 3 the last time. I will take one as I have heard nothing but very good things about them and there is no way I am paying for a Guaird or how ever you spell that high dollar thing. My battery drill is a fine motor and much more multi task useful and portable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts