6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks… I’ve been bitten again by the NFA bug and would like to start on another project. (Before it's too late! :evil: ) The catch is that I may to “convert” one of my 6.8’s into capital to fund this. Not to worry… It most certainly will be another 6.8. Here’s where I need your help. I was wondering if you guys could help me come up with an honest asking price.

The upper: DPMS upper receiver, BCG and charging handle. It sports a 20” C/M H-Bar, 1:11 twist barrel with a AR Performance modified DMR chamber. The original chamber was so tight, the DMR reamer cut a completely new chamber. That took this rifle from “zero to hero” as it’s now capably of shooting all the SSA combat loads as well as the hot hand loads. Sub MOA has been documented using SSA 115gr OTM combat rounds. It also has a YHM styled 4 rail hand guard and a DPMS low profile gas block.

The lower: DPMS, 6.8 marked lower receiver with a DPMS LPK installed. Stock is an ACE skeleton rifle length with a rifle buffer and spring.

I’m working on getting a current picture to post but as of this writing, my camera has been winning that battle. I’ll keep trying…

So what do you think? IF I sell my “first born” 6.8 AR, what would a realistic price be?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
What do you plan on building next? Have you thought of re-profiling the barrel to a Government profile to make it lighter?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paulosantos said:
What do you plan on building next? Have you thought of re-profiling the barrel to a Government profile to make it lighter?
Hey Paulo...

I'm thinking of another SBR. And a suppressor as soon as I move out of this "toy" unfriendly state. With the current 20" barrel, a re-profile would work well for weight. However, with the long gas system, it would make it close to impossible to get it down below 16". So rather than cobbing up a real nice shooter, and already having a 18" long range rig dialed in, I figured I'd sell off the whole 20" rifle or maybe just the upper. If I could just build the new SBR and keep the 20" gun, I certainly would. With the fun budget more than a bit thin, this one is the logical choice for the chopping block.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This rifle is NOW up for sale in the equipment exchange forum!!! QUICK!!! HURRY!!! Buy this thing before i change my mind!!! :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts