6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I owned a 6.8 barrel made by Ranier Arms using a Shilen blank that was a fine shooting gun but hard times hit me and I had to sell it to a forum member here by the name of HogFarmer. Many of you know about Shilen barrels so I won't go into detail but Ranier Arms quit making them because they weren't selling enough. I have emailed them several times over the years asking them to bring them back and in my latest email i got the reply that if there was enough interest they would bring them back, well here's your chance to own one of these fine barrels.

If you would be interested in one of these show your support here and i will forward this link to my contact at Ranier for them to gauge the interest. Feel free to pass this info along to people you know on other forums.

I myself am down for 2 barrels. Show your support and let's get these barrels back in stock.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, what are the prices looking to be?
When they had them before they were 385 I believe. But it's a Shilen so it's gonna be a little more than people are use to paying. Ask HogFarmer about the one I sold him, He'll tell yah how it shoots.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Hillbilly: My 16", 4-groove, Ultramatch barrel in 6.8 was made for Rainier by WOA using a Shilen blank. At the time I bought it in 2011, White Oak was selling similar barrels under its own name, but currently their web site lists less desirable, 6-groove 6.8 barrels.

My Ultramatch is a nice barrel. It weighs 32 oz and is very well made, but may not be as accurate as my 16" ARP scout barrel I used in a more recent build. In fact, I've been considering upgrading from the Ultramatch to ARP.

Have you considered buying your new barrel directly from Shilen? - CW

http://www.shilen.com/ar15Barrels.html

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hillbilly: White Oak was selling similar barrels under its own name, but currently their web site lists less desirable, 6-groove 6.8 barrels.

Have you considered buying your new barrel directly from Shilen? - CW

http://www.shilen.com/ar15Barrels.html
The Shilen barrels made for Ranier are the ratchet rifling barrels which are Ranier's design. In order to get one you have to get it from Rainier.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Bison Armory sells 16" & 18" Shilen barrels from WOA...I think they are $350-ish. They are 4 groove 1-11 twist. Not sure of the exact specs beyond that or if they are the same/similar to the ones Rainier sold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts